#numbercollectionsmustfall : PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Spinnekop

Simplest will be for race orgs to allow pick up morning of the event' date=' perhaps have a box when you enter that you click if you want to pick up your number at the event' date=' just need to ensure you get there early enough and the orgs have enough volunteers to man the collection point. [/quote'']

?

Scotty.

?

Won't work.

Most guys can't even pitch up for the start on time!!!

?

Number collection on raceday for something like Fastone or R4S will be a mess....."Oom Oom....maak gou.....ek moet start in 10min"....."F$%($ laaitie"

?

Enter.? Mail. Print number.

EEEEEAAAASSSSYYYYYYYY

?

I'm with Spinnekop on this one... proof of entry is your number in PDF format.

Frame numbers can be issued with your licence, and is valid for the year (or even better - for life).

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its too easy that is why it wont work! You will take the feeling of power out of some peoples hands and that they dont like! So as long as there is money to be made we the suckers will be stuck in traffic at least once a week on our merry way to CL to collect our numbers for the privalege to race.

Why is this so complicated?  Over here we always pick up our number on the morning of the race.  Yes, you have to get there 10 minutes earlier, but the tables are well manned and you have no problems.  I don't understand the issue...

Plus, printing out you number won't work because it will smudge and there is the obvious worry that the Saffa habit of 'just copying' a mates entry will happen.  Either get permanent numbers or issue numbers on race day.  It eally is very simple...

Its too easy that is why it wont work! You will take the feeling of power out of some peoples hands and that they dont like! So as long as there is money to be made we the suckers will be stuck in traffic at least once a week on our merry way to CL to collect our numbers for the privalege to race.

not unless we do something about it!

Why is this so complicated?? Over here we always pick up our number on the morning of the race.? Yes' date=' you have to get there 10 minutes earlier, but the tables are well manned and you have no problems.? I don't understand the issue...

[/quote']

but you know our races has more then 50 entrants.

Why is this so complicated?  Over here we always pick up our number on the morning of the race.  Yes' date=' you have to get there 10 minutes earlier, but the tables are well manned and you have no problems.  I don't understand the issue...

Plus, printing out you number won't work because it will smudge and there is the obvious worry that the Saffa habit of 'j[u']ust copying' a mates entry will happen. [/u] Either get permanent numbers or issue numbers on race day.  It eally is very simple...

One could potentially copy those numbers now anyway... Don't think that those numbers are of any use anyway.. the only thing you need is to see which group you in...

Surely it will be in the interests of orgs to push for something like this. Manning number collection's take's volunteers which the orgs struggle to find bodies for. On the flip side, there are the dishonest and someone could print 2 or 3 entries and give them to his mates.

not unless we do something about it!

I agree 100%! It is time that we do something! Without the cyclist these events cannot survive, but is it really necessary to do the weekly drive to CL?

Once you have entered and paid for a race cant it be loaded onto your chip. If not loaded onto your chip the timing mats do not register you at the event.

I had a chat to the CGC road comm yesterday, will discuss at congress and try and implement. We all agree its a nuisance.

Guest Agteros

I've seen guys at the races without their numbers on their backs. Most had the papers stuffed into a jersey pocket (guess they did not bring the safety pins along)

I've never seen an official challenge them though (actually, in the open seeded bunches I've not seen any official inspecting the bunches / bicycles)

Permanent numbers which are coloured coded per year, and a tag of some sorts to affix somewhere to indicate your batch...

tags can be collected the morning of the race... just take your permanent number to the table(s) and they'll give you your AL/BL/CL/AM/BM/CM tag

Easy... (but somebody high up has to think for this to happen)

Late / Day entries can collect their numbers (and batch tags) the morning of the race, they'll just have to get there earlier (and then the added costs  for a late entry can maybe be justified?)

I had a chat to the CGC road comm yesterday' date=' will discuss at congress and try and implement. We all agree its a nuisance.[/quote']

Vir jou sal ek 'n oopmond soen gee!!!!!  smiley4.gif

Why is this so complicated?  Over here we always pick up our number on the morning of the race.  Yes' date=' you have to get there 10 minutes earlier' date=' but the tables are well manned and you have no problems.  I don't understand the issue...

[/quote'']

Indeed, but I have done some "funrides" too like the Bart Brentjens Challenge, Edd Mercks Gran Fondo even doing the Amtel Gold race soon with 12000 people.  Same process.  See, I don't get it!

OK, they do allow you  pick up your number the day before IF YOU WANT TO. 

Why is this so complicated?  Over here we always pick up our number on the morning of the race.  Yes' date=' you have to get there 10 minutes earlier, but the tables are well manned and you have no problems.  I don't understand the issue...

Plus, printing out you number won't work because it will smudge and there is the obvious worry that the Saffa habit of 'j[u']ust copying' a mates entry will happen. [/u] Either get permanent numbers or issue numbers on race day.  It eally is very simple...

One could potentially copy those numbers now anyway... Don't think that those numbers are of any use anyway.. the only thing you need is to see which group you in...

Correct......I have seen one or two of these idiots. 

You will always find cheats.  smiley7.gif

If your entry is not confirmed with your race chip, you cannot enter the starting shoots?

Easily implemented with an extra set of timing mats.

Why is this so complicated?  Over here we always pick up our number on the morning of the race.  Yes' date=' you have to get there 10 minutes earlier' date=' but the tables are well manned and you have no problems.  I don't understand the issue...

[/quote'']

Like I said before Willehond.

3000 people pitching up on race day wanting their numbers not a good idea.

Groot Lem

What has happened to the talk about this year's racing according to seeding and no longer in age cats?

Or was it just talk?

[font= Verdana; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 7.5pt; mso-ansi-: EN" lang=EN>While we are at it, the online entry system should be centralized, it should be possible to enter all races sanctioned by the CSA on the CSA web site ? mountain, Road, Track, BMX etc. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/font]

Maybe they could use their cut of the entry fees to pay for the system including a numbering system?

[/font]

[/font]

A BMX style numbering system where you get a number and class for the year with your license- maybe based on your ranking from the previous year which again would be centrally managed by the CSA? This number could be sponsored, the sponsor would get a years advertising in return.

You could even go further with entries on the day, just swipe your new style license say an hour before the race, all your details would then be with the organises and they could even have automatic billing of the entry fee against a credit card you nominated when you set up your license for the year.

[/font]

[/font]

If you don?t take out a race license then you don?t get the number for the year and you have to go to the bike shop or where ever to pick up your number. That wouldn?t be as much of a hassle for the casual rider who participates a couple of times a year.

[/font]Kiwi2010-02-05 05:29:53