No to Makro in Fourways

Piernas Flacas

Not sure how much sense the location makes but I feel I drive too far right now to Makro and this will be closer for me, so I am cool with this

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for Massmart' date=' the Fourways store is going to be unlike any other. Trust me you want it. How can you object to a project which creates 350 short term jobs and another 250 permanant?? [/quote']

I don't dispute Makro's ability to generate jobs. Fourways is overdeveloped with shopping centres and the roads can't take any more traffic. From the cycling point of view it will affect us as well.

I live in Magaliessig and I'm not thrilled about the idea of having a Makro on my doorstep. Yes, I might not have to drive as far but then again, driving to a Makro was never and issue for me. The road through Magaliessig is pretty much buggered after all the trucks that went along there when the office blocks at the Design Quarter were built. The road took another hammering while the driving range was being built too. The Makro will surely increase traffic in the suburb and make the road even worse. I was at builders warehouse an hour or so ago and couldn't help but notice the throng of unemployed people gathered outside. So while I appreciate the Makro might create jobs, this will come at a price. I don't want to drive out of my hood and have to fight my way through taxi ranks, hawkers, 20 million dudes walking through traffic selling Fake Bans and Fakleys, hundreds of unemployed guys hovering around the exit fo the Makro as if it's an oasis of employment...

Take that Makro somewhere else..

Pantani2010-02-19 04:23:31

I love Makro. Where can I sign to give my approval?

eish..Mr Trouble maker.

You're right. I change my mind. Build that Makro in Bloemfontein!!

But in Fourways there are 250 000 people per block and in Bloem there are only 250 people LOLLOLLOL

On it's way........

Serious?! Awesomeness!

I live in Magaliessig and I'm not thrilled about the idea of having a Makro on my doorstep. Yes' date=' I might not have to drive as far but then again, driving to a Makro was never and issue for me. The road through Magaliessig is pretty much buggered after all the trucks that went along there when the office blocks at the Design Quarter were built. The road took another hammering while the driving range was being built too. The Makro will surely increase traffic in the suburb and make the road even worse. I was at builders warehouse an hour or so ago and couldn't help but notice the throng of unemployed people gathered outside. So while I appreciate the Makro might create jobs, this will come at a price. I don't want to drive out of my hood and have to fight my way through taxi ranks, hawkers, 20 million dudes walking through traffic selling Fake Bans and Fakleys, hundreds of unemployed guys hovering around the exit fo the Makro as if it's an oasis of employment...

[/quote']

Nicely put, Pantani Clap

I live in Magaliessig and I'm not thrilled about the idea of having a Makro on my doorstep. Yes' date=' I might not have to drive as far but then again, driving to a Makro was never and issue for me. The road through Magaliessig is pretty much buggered after all the trucks that went along there when the office blocks at the Design Quarter were built. The road took another hammering while the driving range was being built too. The Makro will surely increase traffic in the suburb and make the road even worse. I was at builders warehouse an hour or so ago and couldn't help but notice the throng of unemployed people gathered outside. So while I appreciate the Makro might create jobs, this will come at a price. I don't want to drive out of my hood and have to fight my way through taxi ranks, hawkers, 20 million dudes walking through traffic selling Fake Bans and Fakleys, hundreds of unemployed guys hovering around the exit fo the Makro as if it's an oasis of employment...

[/quote']

Nicely put, Pantani Clap

Nicely put, PFClap

Live there abouts too. Not helluva impressed with the idea! Sorry Mackie - please ask them to take their Makro elsewhere

well, nowadays some approvals for development require that the guys must upgrade the roads etc around the development so if the road is buggers why not make it conditional that Makro sort the road issues as part of the development, then its a win win for all.  If they want people to get to their shop it is what they will have to do after all

Mackie what's happened to the one planned for Umhlanga?

BTW have you relocated from KZN or are you just making a stand against all the Guppie supporters there?

I feel the infrastructure around the suburb and the Fourways area will need a massive cash injection to deal with the traffic, motorised and human, that a Makro will attract. It is this attraction that brings negative elements and this is what I am strongly opposed to. Magaliessig is not an industrial or commercial zone. Now we're taking a massive commercial outlet and dropping it on the doorstep of this suburb. The area they plan to use borders a natural wetland and bird sanctuary. While I'm not a huge environmentalist I must concede that the plan is ill conceived. There is also a retirment village right next to the proposed site. I doubt those pensioners would have bought in the village if they knew they were going to have a bustling bazaar on their doorstep. They also will be doing away with a pretty darn nice nursery to make way for the Makro. What a waste...

Pantani2010-02-19 04:57:05