runners vs cyclists

idrive

Wow, sounds like its getting a bit rough out there, prehaps you should run with someone or keep some teargas on you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was approaching you in a threatening manner, pepper spay his a$$. There are some real rude buggers who frequent the spruit.

I'd say report it to the police, they might not do antyhing the 1st time but if any future harm comes to either you or your dog there is a record of it.

How about a description of said lowlife!

BIke?

Kit?

Specially the gloves! ...

Get a tazer and shock the bejesus out of him! Sorry, I mean 'it'

Go with pepper spray and/or a big friend, knives are harder to use when it comes to the crunch, and harder to explain afterwards. 

There are police patrols on the Spruit you need to find them or their base and give the description. Hubbers here will know where they are.

Well done for standing up to him (however short he is); but his behaviour is criminal now and you need to get some help.

What an absolute idiot this guy is.

BIke?

Kit?

Get a tazer and shock the bejesus out of him! Sorry' date=' I mean 'it'

[/quote']

+1

What section of the spruit? Maybe a group ride is in order?

The saga continues : This morning the same shorty came riding up behind us and rode into my dog on purpose (on the same double lane section of the spruit as yesterday . I stopped and knew what the braking and whincing was about before I even turned around. My dog continued running toward me and the short sh*t rode toward me too. He climbed off his bike and proceded to threaten me with his gloved hand under my face until he clipped my face from below. I retalliated by kicking him in the shin. He is such an aggro' date=' despicable character he was about to hurl his bike into the veld to run after me when I reminded him he would not be able to catch me with those MTB shoes of his and his bike would be gone in no time too, so he had second thoughts. This guy is one of those aggro Joburgers-I could just see he was seething with aggression, so I asked him if he hadn't taken his Valoids yet. He continued threatening me and made it very clear he didn't want to see me ever again on the spruit. 

Being a MTBer, roadie, triathlete myself, I won't say it's "all MTBers" that behave like this. This guy is unusually aggressive - he obviously has a lot of issues! But how is this prick's behaviour toward me and my dog, running peacefully along the spruit minding our own business? What he has forced me to do now is to carry a knife and the next time he stops and gives me grief I'll slash his tyres. What other option do I as a small female runner have? He's trying to intimidate me and injuring my dog.[/quote']

This guy seems to have some serious issues. Surely you have some male that could join you next week and conveniently beat some sense into him?

Look I dont advocate violence, but if he hurt your dog I'd say its time for war.

BIke?

Kit?

[/quote']

+1

Group rides to find him and have a word.

Threatening a woman is not on and I despise cruelty to animals as well. Im not advocating a beating here just a word or two that if he dosent wise up a beating may be on the way.

What a man!

Threatenening a woman like that.

And riding over your dog?

He really does deserve a face full of pepper spray and a kick in the sweets.

I would not go out to look for him (trouble), I'm sure that'll get you into unnecessary trouble. It seems like your paths will cross again as you use the same portion of the spruit - next time just be prepared.

Also take along two thick cable ties & hog tie him to his bike after you've pepper sprayed him and a camera for some pics to be displayed here on The Hub!

BIke?
Kit?

[/quote']

+1

Group rides to find him and have a word.

Threatening a woman is not on and I despise cruelty to animals as well. Im not advocating a beating here just a word or two that if he dosent wise up a beating may be on the way.

I think a good ol fashioned beating is all this guy will respect.

I would not go out to look for him (trouble)' date=' I'm sure that'll get you into unnecessary trouble. It seems like your paths will cross again as you use the same portion of the spruit - next time just be prepared.

Also take along two thick cable ties & hog tie him to his bike after you've pepper sprayed him and a camera for some pics to be displayed here on The Hub![/quote']

Oh...and a black marker so you can write "MORON" on his forehead!!!