EUGENE TERREBLANCHE MURDERED 03/04/2010

niel85

Why is this so difficult???

Slave ... response not directed at you personally.

?

Because humans ?feel that only their OPINION counts; they better than other human beings but they forget one fundamental fact ... GOD CREATED ALL EQUAL ...?if you have more intellectual capacity' date=' try and share with (help)?those that?has less than you ....

?

?
[/quote']

Why am I thinking of the book Animal Farm. "All animals are equal BUT some are more equal than others"

Alas, I don't think we are all equal.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canaris please explain how 'we' date='' fix what is wrong in this country.  Unless there is a spirtual and morale revival in this country don't expect the change we all desire.  It seems every time we are moving forward with transformation and accepting affirmative action while not necessarily agreeing with it we have outbursts from a bunch of bafoons interested only in using the uneducated masses for their obvious political ambitions. Read previous comments from other hubbers and you will understand there is not much more we can sacrifice to continue on in the present climate accept pray for a change of heart, which can only come about if we accept God as our ultimate beginning and end of reconciliation and change.  Perhaps you see it differently? So sad this state of affairsCry[/quote']

As I said it is easier to moan than to fix.

It seems that you have in your heart a solution.  A religious and moral revival.

I agree there are too many outbursts from "A bunch of bafoons".  But unfortunately many of these bafoons made an effort to post their racist narrow minded, bigotted ext ext views on this thread.

Now on the religion theme, at the risk of being flamed, three things

Firstly, pray is not enough, a change of heart is not enough, a change of ACTION is required.  Now as far as I know from belief comes thoughts.  From thoughts come attitude and opinions.  From attitudes and opinions come ACTION.  From the attitudes and opinions experessed on this forum, I shudder at the future actions of some hubbers.

Secondly, apart from the major differences between religions most if not all advocate three things, firstly, personal responsibility (And presonal relationship with your god)  is required for personal salvation, it is not a group effort.  secondly, love your enemy. and lastly, forgiveness of yourslef and others.  In other words:  LOVE THE LORD YOUR GODwith all your heart, mind, body and soul, LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR as you would LOVE YOURSELF.  (some hubbers get the last one right is wrong kind of way, and never progress to the two preceding instructions).

Lastly, you can only change things that you can control.  Unless you are mentally unwell, the only thing you can control is yourself and your thoughts.  So here is a good place to start.

Final warning, the last guy to advocate and live this with any real commitment got nailed up on a cross over 2000 years ago.  But hey what a role model.

As far as I can see' date=' if the numbers are correct and 3000 farmers have been killed, then maybe it was a good thing that ET was a famous one. No-one said a word about the other 2999.

[/quote']

Have you not been paying attention?

Sias, I'm too poor to pay attention.LOL

EmbarrassedAllow me to re-phrase that statement then. Some of them (farm murders) may have been reported in the papers and maybe even more than one reported on TV.

New question: Where are the 20 odd page threads dedicated to their demise or murder? (i.e. There was no huge debate about their deaths or murders.)

This is only big news because of the "status" of ET. I am not in support of farm murders (or any murders for that matter) but WTF? 2999 go by relatively peacefully and now suddenly, there is furore?

I said what I believe is my stance on Farms being taken over for whatever reason. It is just an economic disaster waiting to happen if this trend is not reversed immediately.

During the 1980's when I had the dubious distinction of being one of those SADF consripts, it was ANC policy from abroad (since they were a banned organisation in SA) to destabilise the farming community. Landmines, farm attacks and the like were common. 

It may be that this policy has now just been perpetuated and been going on for long that we are desensitised to it and don't pay much attention to the problem.

Another policy was to make the country "Ungovernable". Crime was encouraged to fill the jails and make the system grind to a halt by making the prisons over flow. Maybe this is another policy that has just perpetuated. 

Poverty has affected both white and black in SA. The only thing is, that since Mandela has stepped down, that the poor have got really poor. They have less now than they had before. And the leaders, beingwhat they are, keep blaming the past to deflect any blame from themselves and their own inability to improve the lot of their voting masses.

I hear daily how unhappy the "workers" are with the government. They threaten not to vote because they are disgusted. Even a few have mentioned that they were better off under the old "regime". Yet, come election time, they flock off to go and vote for the same government that is impoverishing them.Confused

Just as someone mentioned that there should be minimum standards for being elected as a leader / president / whatever, so too, should there be a minimum standard for being allowed to vote. At least a basic education.

H3ll if I had all the answers, I would run for president myself. Unfortunately, I am just another moderately educated honkey who is trying to be a moderate.

Just some people like JM make it very hard for me to stay on the road. The fringe groups, thankfully, are in the minority, but if it's 20% of 30 million, the number is far greater than 20% of 5 million.

Ok, time for me to get off my soap box now, since I seemto have wandered off topic.

ET is dead, get over it. He was murdered by some illiterate fckuwit and now there are all sorts of opinions about it. Yes, it can create big problems. But not if the moral majority stand together and refuse to let wedges get driven between us.

We live in a land full of opportunity. The suns shines and we can ride our bikes. Let's all stand together against the loony fringe and work towards making SA better.

As Mahatma Ghandi put it, "An eye for an Eye, will make the whole world blind.

As far as I can see' date=' if the numbers are correct and 3000 farmers have been killed, then maybe it was a good thing that ET was a famous one. No-one said a word about the other 2999.

[/quote']

Have you not been paying attention?

Sias, I'm too poor to pay attention.LOL

EmbarrassedAllow me to re-phrase that statement then. Some of them (farm murders) may have been reported in the papers and maybe even more than one reported on TV.

New question: Where are the 20 odd page threads dedicated to their demise or murder? (i.e. There was no huge debate about their deaths or murders.)

This is only big news because of the "status" of ET. I am not in support of farm murders (or any murders for that matter) but WTF? 2999 go by relatively peacefully and now suddenly, there is furore?

I said what I believe is my stance on Farms being taken over for whatever reason. It is just an economic disaster waiting to happen if this trend is not reversed immediately.

During the 1980's when I had the dubious distinction of being one of those SADF consripts, it was ANC policy from abroad (since they were a banned organisation in SA) to destabilise the farming community. Landmines, farm attacks and the like were common. 

It may be that this policy has now just been perpetuated and been going on for long that we are desensitised to it and don't pay much attention to the problem.

Another policy was to make the country "Ungovernable". Crime was encouraged to fill the jails and make the system grind to a halt by making the prisons over flow. Maybe this is another policy that has just perpetuated. 

Poverty has affected both white and black in SA. The only thing is, that since Mandela has stepped down, that the poor have got really poor. They have less now than they had before. And the leaders, beingwhat they are, keep blaming the past to deflect any blame from themselves and their own inability to improve the lot of their voting masses.

I hear daily how unhappy the "workers" are with the government. They threaten not to vote because they are disgusted. Even a few have mentioned that they were better off under the old "regime". Yet, come election time, they flock off to go and vote for the same government that is impoverishing them.Confused

Just as someone mentioned that there should be minimum standards for being elected as a leader / president / whatever, so too, should there be a minimum standard for being allowed to vote. At least a basic education.

H3ll if I had all the answers, I would run for president myself. Unfortunately, I am just another moderately educated honkey who is trying to be a moderate.

Just some people like JM make it very hard for me to stay on the road. The fringe groups, thankfully, are in the minority, but if it's 20% of 30 million, the number is far greater than 20% of 5 million.

Ok, time for me to get off my soap box now, since I seemto have wandered off topic.

ET is dead, get over it. He was murdered by some illiterate fckuwit and now there are all sorts of opinions about it. Yes, it can create big problems. But not if the moral majority stand together and refuse to let wedges get driven between us.

We live in a land full of opportunity. The suns shines and we can ride our bikes. Let's all stand together against the loony fringe and work towards making SA better.

As Mahatma Ghandi put it, "An eye for an Eye, will make the whole world blind.

Nice response!

Slave - I have to agree with Chubba and Crank - Nice response!

I think the reason ET's death got such publicity was the fact that he was seen as the quentisential(spelling?) "boer" and also was a prominent figure in the political arena, although less so in the last few years.

Also the timing and the cirumstances (as discussed to death on this thread) gave it more prominence.

agreed sias.... pity that things are more harder hit when a prominent figure is taken out.

Damn i love Madam and Eve!

Hey Canaris! Are you going to come and clean the Coke from my screen? That first one was hilarious!

Did any one actually know that ET gave his heart to the Lord shortly after he got out of jail and that he actually changed his whole stand on the views of the AWB.....

Im speaking under correction here but think that he was actually trying to change the AWB viewpoint all together.... But got lots of opposition from the inside ring.....

See all the statements made by the new leader....

Slave - I have to agree with Chubba and Crank - Nice response!

I think the reason ET's death got such publicity was the fact that he was seen as the quentisential(spelling?) "boer" and also was a prominent figure in the political arena' date=' although less so in the last few years.

Also the timing and the cirumstances (as discussed to death on this thread) gave it more prominence.
[/quote']

Gee, thanks guys. Can I count on your votes at the next general eleksheen?

Sias, only the first part of the reply was aimed at you. The bit about being poor.

The rest was pretty much the ramblings and musings of an old mind.Embarrassed

I do believe we can solve our problems. It will take a lot of hard work, but we can fix it. We just have to have the desire to do it.  With enough moderates together, we can change the attitudes of many and correct the injustices of the past.

Thing is, present guv-ment, have to stop using it as a crutch. It is dead but not yet burried. I think the 16 YO corpse is starting to stink up the place so, time to bury it.

We can only learn from the past. It cannot be changed. We can only change today, so that tomorrow, it is a better yesterday. And if we change today, one day at a time, all our tomorrows will be better and we will have a better history to look back on.

Just to take a cycling slant on this post I think Armstrong is a bigger chop than Malema!!! There done my bit to keep this a velo forum!! VA Contador!!

via a source..."Top Gear Confirmed that the

fastest car on earth right now is a Taxi through Ventersdorp!"

Just like guv-ment, I too have a policy. Never vote for the party in power. That way, I get to criticise them to my heats delight. Big%20smile

The way I see it, the AWB are on the right fringe. Always saw the ANC as being on the left. Confused

I did vote for Inkhata Freedom Putty once before.EmbarrassedLOL