Bayers Naude Incedent

ziegie

I don't care what the reason is or how many sides to this story there are. I think the cyclist is a dumb@ss.

Nothing justifies swearing at a woman in front of her kids, just so that you can get your anger jollies off.

The only thing you take with you wherever you go is your manners.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ways does this justify this type of behaviour

I didn't say it does - in fact I agree' date=' there are many different, better ways that this could have been dealt with. I'm just curious to know what happened. I highly doubt the guy randomly stopped and had a fanny wobble for no reason.
[/quote']

I think you put it the best way there. Regardless of what the incident was about there could've been better ways to have handled it.

another roady incident... possibly another offense committed we don't know off...

Guest coenie

So again everyone assumes that there was swearing involved....assume that the behaviour is correctly described here...clearly the husband is angry....so I am going to have to what he is saying with a pinch.....

Not to condone what they did it was wrong, but sometimes one reacts differently on the spur of the moment to how you would after giving it some thought, which is why so much apologising is done.

I bet it was a Roadie ?

Dude, with respect, comments like that really add nothing to the discussion and are just silly. Rather keep them to yourself.

Not saying the cyclist was right, and I would never say/do something like that.  I usualy just throw my arms in the air and give my "what the hell did you just do" look.

But what if maybe just maybe the cyclist got cut off, he tell the motorist to look where she's going. Then she tells him, that next time she will take him out and then he came and told her the same.

I am fairly sure this didn't happen, but just illustrating that there are two sides to a story.

Guest coenie

coenie - are you hiding something?

Not sure what you mean?

1stly I am in Cape Town, but I just want to point

out that someone come here and "claims" what happened and immediately everyone

says the the cyclist was wrong...that his behavior was wrong...when NO-ONE knows

the truth...maybe the women used the finger etc....

Come-on

people.....don't just jump to conclusion and condemn the "behavior" when you

don't even know if the "behavior" took place.

Guest coenie

I bet it was a Roadie ?

Dude' date=' with respect, comments like that really add nothing to the discussion and are just silly. Rather keep them to yourself.

[/quote']

+1

Well said

Guest coenie

Not saying the cyclist was right' date=' and I would never say/do something like that.  I usualy just throw my arms in the air and give my "what the hell did you just do" look.

But what if maybe just maybe the cyclist got cut off, he tell the motorist to look where she's going. Then she tells him, that next time she will take him out and then he came and told her the same.

I am fairly sure this didn't happen, but just illustrating that there are two sides to a story.

[/quote']

I wish that more people would think like youSmile

Guest coenie

Thanks braSmile

Looks like its me and you against the rest for now

If you tell this lot that they will have to pay 67% tax p/m for the period of the world cup, they will go of and post all kinds of things without ever knowing if it is the truth......

I don't care what the reason is or how many sides to this story there are. I think the cyclist is a dumb@ss.

?

Nothing justifies swearing?at a woman in?front of her kids' date=' just so that you can get your anger jollies off.

?

The only thing you take with you wherever you go is your manners.
[/quote']

Need I remind you that to a cyclist a car is a deadly weapon. Just browse the Hub and read some of the heart wrenchingly sad posts of late. You say nothing justifies swearing?at a woman? A woman driver has exactly the same capability of killing as a male driver has. Maybe motorists should take their 'road manners' with them before setting out on the roads. Some of your attitudes towards cyclists suck. I am so angered and saddened at the recent incidents on the road involving cyclists. Death is PERMANENT. The loss of a loved one is permanent. The heartache and pain is permanent. SA drivers need to get that into their head and drive with respect and awareness! Ziegie, an incident happened between your wife and a cyclist. Neither of us know the full story but let me just remind you that any incident between a cyclist and a motor vehicle is a near death experience for the cyclist. So all of you please do me a favour, picture your child/spouse lying dead in the road because a motorist was not concentrating, then repost this thread.

Not saying the cyclist was right' date=' and I would never say/do something like that.  I usualy just throw my arms in the air and give my "what the hell did you just do" look.

[/quote']

Exactly, in the incident I refered to in my post this is what happened to me.

The car (driven by a wimmen with her mother next to her) stopped at a yield ajoing the road i was riding in from the left, looked at me, saw me and then instead of allowing me to pass just pushed in forcing me to move over into the RH lane (was a dual carriage way). She even replied to my verbal abuse (WTF are you doing you stupid Witch) saying that cyclists dont belong on the road.

Ok so it was in Primrose and some peps there still live in oxwagons but still she deserved the abuse.

In hindsight yes it could have been done differently, i could have tied her aerial in knot or kicked the car door with my cleated shoe... but no i opted for the less violent approach.