Bayers Naude Incedent

ziegie

coenie - are you hiding something?

Not sure what you mean?

1stly I am in Cape Town' date=' but I just want to point out that someone come here and "claims" what happened and immediately everyone says the the cyclist was wrong...that his behavior was wrong...when NO-ONE knows the truth...maybe the women used the finger etc....

Come-on people.....don't just jump to conclusion and condemn the "behavior" when you don't even know if the "behavior" took place.

[/quote']

agree with you that no one knows the truth and there are 2 sides to a story, but some a-hole must do that to my wife and kids i WILL "take him out".bet those 3 guys feel quite good about themselves how they "took on" a woman and kids. you the man!!! w&nker

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A woman driving a 1.5 tonne car is just as lethal as any man. Why should

she be treated differently if she nearly kills someone?

I do not condone the described behaviour (assuming it is actually what

happened), but if the modern woman wants equality...

In other words, I don't care if it was a man, a woman or a pygmy dwarf.

And it wasn't me... Wink

Guest coenie

happened)' date=' but if the modern woman wants equality...

And it wasn't me... Wink

[/quote']

Nicly saidSmile

And it wasn't me... Wink
[/quote']

Nicly saidSmile

And what do we say to the children who see their mom (protector) scared as some barbarian is bashing the window threatening to kill them??? <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

some times the "finger" shall suffice

Guest coenie

And it wasn't me... Wink

[/quote']

Nicly saidSmile

And what do we say to the children who see their mom (protector) scared as some barbarian is bashing the window threatening to kill them???

Aii you don't get it...if she used the finger 1st then the cyclist was "reacting" we will never know...I to honest I do not trust this version of the story as I do not think the cyclist would do anything without provocation

And what do we say to the children who see their mom (protector) scared as some barbarian is bashing the window threatening to kill them???

As I said, I don't condone the behaviour.

But - assuming she did something to cause the reaction - surely she should have thought of the effect a dead cyclist through her windscreen would have had on her children in that case?

I have found that nowadays just as many women are dangerous, testosterone laden maniacs as men. Saying "but she's a LADY" just doesn't cut it on the roads anymore...

(And I'm certainly not saying anyone's wife is a testosterone laden maniac either...)

And it wasn't me... Wink
[/quote']

Nicly saidSmile

Aii you don't get it...if she used the finger 1st then the cyclist was "reacting" we will never know...I to honest I do not trust your version of the story as I do not think the cyclist would do anything without provocation

i do hear what you saying, i meant the cyclist could have showed the "finger" or thrown his hand in the air. i am a cyclist, im on the road 4 days a week, i know about traffic and have had my encounters, unfortunately thats part of the sport sometimes.i too have been the moer in at some drivers (mainly taxis, and confronted them) but i wont carry on like that to a woman, specially when there are kids in the car.

Would the cyclist's choice of words and actions have been different if there were 3 strong men in the car? FOR SURE!. But some men are cowards and try their worst language and behaviour on a women because they know she won't retaliate.

Has anyone considered a different scenario?

The guy thought she was hot, chased after her, knocked on the window and shouted he'll take her out to dinner. Being out of breath he maybe sounded a bit aggressive.....Tongue

Has anyone considered a different scenario?

The guy thought she was hot' date=' chased after her, knocked on the window and shouted he'll take her out to dinner. Being out of breath he maybe sounded a bit aggressive.....Tongue
[/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOL 

As I said' date=' I don't condone the behaviour.

But - assuming she did something to cause the reaction - surely she should have thought of the effect a dead cyclist through her windscreen would have had on her children in that case?

I have found that nowadays just as many women are dangerous, testosterone laden maniacs as men. Saying "but she's a LADY" just doesn't cut it on the roads anymore...

(And I'm certainly not saying anyone's wife is a testosterone laden maniac either...)
[/quote']

ok, i've been following this thread and this comment sums up my view. yes, we don't know what lead up to the behaviour, but i sure would like to know the cyclists' side of the story - was she on her cell phone? was she sms'ing? was she doing her make-up? did she almost drive over him from behind? did she almost veer into him from the side? did she almost harm him with utter impunity?

as a cyclist and a biker i have learnt that the average SA driver only considers vehicles bigger or with more wheels than theirs as having any rights on the road.

and kids learn by watching their parents.

so if she did something wrong and the cyclist let her get away with it, then there are more bad drivers on their way. by his actions (albe they harsh) the kids will grow up scared enough (hopefully) to not emulate their mother.

as a cyclist and a biker i have learnt that the average SA driver only considers vehicles bigger or with more wheels than theirs as having any rights on the road.

As one who cycles (and motorbikes) more than he drives, I can only agree with this statement.

A guy I know got hit (and badly injured) by a woman who just turned across the road in front of him. When asked if she hadn't seen them, she stated that she had, but she was in a hurry... So killing a person is worth about 5 or 10 seconds to her.

And these morons/psychopaths are given licenses?

I see as per good Hub tradition, this thread is now digressing... LOL

Ziegie, its not acceptable for cyclist to level such agression (if that was indeed the case) but perhaps you should also just ask your wife if she is very sure that she did not perhaps fail to see them, accidently cut them off or something and all they tried then to do was to explain to her through a closed window that she almost took them out - as oppposed to what she heard that they want to take her out??

Anyone considered that she made a honest mistake, lapse in concentration, kids distracted her, who knows. We all make mistakes, some have terrible consequences (death),  others not so serious. I have made many mistakes before and by grace no one has been seriously affected/injured.

Surely people do not intend killing people, many non cyclist do not realise just how fast cyclist travel, and think that they will be long gone before the cyclist even reaches them.

Be carefull to point fingers -  tomorrow it could be your turn to make the mistake.

Anyone considered that she made a honest?mistake' date=' lapse in concentration, kids distracted her, who knows. We all make mistakes, some have terrible consequences (death),? others not so serious. I have made many mistakes before and by grace no one has been seriously affected/injured.

Surely people do?not intend killing people, many non cyclist do not realise just how fast cyclist travel, and think that they will be long gone before the cyclist even reaches them.

?

Be carefull to point fingers -? tomorrow it could be your turn to make the mistake.

?

?
[/quote']

lets pretend it was her fault. IF she went to her husband and said "this cyclist went haywire because I cut him off /almost drove over him because the kids were lastig" I'm sure he would not come and mention it here.

"Anyone considered that she made a honest mistake, lapse in concentration, kids distracted her, who knows. We all make mistakes, some have terrible consequences (death),  others not so serious."

Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. Tell that to 4500 cyclist's families that are killed on our roads each year. A vehicle is a deadly machine that needs to be operated with utmost care! I had a woman almost switch me the other while on her phone. At the traffic stop i shouted at her to put her phone off and concentrate on the road. A person's nerves gets shot riding in the traffic and some people are not good at handling their aggression.