CRC Delivery Time

whitesox

stop overreacting in terms of all things cRc. jeez man unbunch will you!

BUT, that is a super sketch move on CRCs behalf, to have their rep at the mercy of some dude who coulda put in a dead chicken for all they cared, and still have the gall to apologise for the BS.

You should hound them to find a more equitable solution, as passing the buck shuoldnt suffice in this case. In that regard, do you know if Cube will assist with a warrantee claim/refund?

Capricorn2010-05-13 14:16:10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stop overreacting in terms of all things cRc. jeez man unbunch will you!

BUT' date=' that is a super sketch move on CRCs behalf, to have their rep at the mercy of some dude who coulda put in a dead chicken for all they cared, and still have the gall to apologise for the BS.

You should hound them to find a more equitable solution, as passing the buck shuoldnt suffice in this case. In that regard, do you know if Cube will assist with a warrantee claim/refund?

[/quote']

Personally I don't think I'm over reacting. I gave them their cash fair and sqare and they didn't live up to their end of the bargain.

I'm guessing it was a bike where they rebuilt a "small" finishing kit onto an extra large frame - it has several "installation marks" around the BB, on the head set etc. and it wasn't it a Cube box/packaing missing etc.

Probably on sale because it was built out of left overs.

In my experience CRC have got it wrong 1 out of 1. 100% by my calculation.

I'm busy contacting the MD but failing that I plan on slagging them off at every given opportunity in the hopes that other unsuspecting buyers won't get caught like me (plus taking money out of their pockets is pretty much the only option that will satisfy my revenge lust LOL)

Do I sound sour? Hell yeah - I'm a fair is fair anf right is right kinda guy and this was neither of those.

I could contact Cube but I fugre I made the deal with CRC and it's up to them to make right on their promises. Once I've exhausted that avenue Cube will probably get a mail.

Ah well - you live you learn - you crucify the offending party Wink

?

iDrive: your argument is invalid, if not self serving. jeez. why are folks so desperate to heap sh*t on CRC and try so damn hard to completely demonize them? Note the irony in idrive's call to circle the wagons: it's a CRC error that prompted the statement, not a proof of improved service and price from the LBS (Local Bullsh*tters, but some are LBS smiley2.gif). Statements like iDrive's are IMO, just so pathetically retarded on so many levels.

Point is: everyone has their place, and everyone fudges it, but CRC generally rules. ?The End.

Capricorn2010-05-13 23:30:50

I've also been waiting a couple of weeks for my order. I opted for Royal Mail but it was a very small order. CRC stuff comes from Ireland and I know their airports were shut down so that may be a reason.

To the naysayers, the amount of stuff i've ordered from CRC even if the next 5 packages go MIA i will still have saved money in the big scheme of things.

Got mine today. Posted on 24th April, so roughly 3 weeks for snail mail including the time it spent at customs. Not too bad I guess.

Some lucky guy has a huge CRC box waiting at Tokai PO, I really wanted to have a look see at what it wasBig%20smile but was chased out. Clown

i dont think the volcano will be that big an issue as was previously, as their new strategy is waaay less conservative.

I've been reading this thread, and to a large extent, the impression conveyed is very misleading. I think, before anyone moans about delivery times, they should state which option they went with. From slowest (sometimes frustratingly so) to fastest, the options are Royal Mail International, Parcelforce International and UPS Express saver.

I personally tend to suffer the slightly extra charges that UPS hits me up for, just so I can get my stuff in less than a week (does depend on which day you order and if they fill the order on the day as well). My lastest order arrived today, after ordering on Thursday last week.

YeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!

Collected a Julius Malema (*) from Parklands this afternoon. Lots of nice goodies ClapClapClapClapClap

* = a big box

biggestmig2010-05-18 14:05:14

The way I shop is as follows: Walk into said shop, look around, select something, proceed to counter, pay and walk out with selected item.

Benefits are manyfold. Local shops get the benefit, I have the item immediately and if there is a problem I take it back.

Now, I also realise not everything is available locally, but I buy what is available ..... there's no risk of things getting lost!

I've still got a R8 000 camera lens floating around between JHB & CT - been over 10 years now. I sent that via TNT to Cape Town for repair .... long story, but it never arrived. Paperwork was signed by some mystery person!!
idrive2010-05-18 17:16:20

Also had a issue with some shoes (to get correct size) - cancelled order in end.  Still waiting for refund!

I had a similar experience (ordered an Edge 500 using Royal Mail).  I phoned them after 3 weeks and they said wait another week.  Another week and it still hadn't arrived.  They then sent me another one (this time via UPS - I paid the extra delivery).  Before that one arrived the first one landed...  The second one arrived 3 days later and I sent it back.. 

Next time I wont be using Royal Mail...

I had a great experience with CRC. Ordered a whole box of stuff and was sent via parcelforce. This was just when volcano 1st erupted and as soon as the airports were opened it was 5 days and it was at my post office. I had good repsonse from CRC when I enquired.

The discussion about CRC vs LBS is a whole different discussion. My LBS will get me the best local price if I show him what I can get on CRC - He negotites with the suppliers to match the price, which he often succeeds with. Be open with your LBS and build that relationship. Remember that getting stuff from CRC you still need to pay the freight (if applicable) plus the 14% Vat at the post office, so my advice is do your maths and speak to your LBS and make an informed choice. The problem is the local suppliers not the LBS and the local suppliers are starting to realise that they must become more competitive and the prices are starting to drop. What we would we all do if we didnt have a LBS? Food for thought.