"How much does it weigh" questions are silly

LazyTrailRider

Martin' date=' what does your "New Baby" weigh?
[/quote']

A slight little bit heavier than my previous baby. I think...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys miss the point. Everything in life is a competition. If I ask you what your bike weighs, and if it is heavier than mine, I win and will not buy a  lighter component. If however the oposite happens, well, I am out of some money. Why do you guys think so much stuff run through the for sale thread??

My bike weighs 7.815 kg's by the way(weigh). Can anyone beat that? How much does yours weigh??LOL

Guest Agteros

You guys miss the point. Everything in life is a competition. If I ask you what your bike weighs' date=' and if it is heavier than mine, I win and will not buy a  lighter component. If however the oposite happens, well, I am out of some money. Why do you guys think so much stuff run through the for sale thread??

My bike weighs 7.815 kg's by the way(weigh). Can anyone beat that? How much does yours weigh??LOL
[/quote']

We'd better let Kieran answer you on that smiley36.gif

The whole bunch of you are a lot of TJOPS....

Mass = Kilograms

Weighed = Newtons

LOLLOLLOL

You guys miss the point. Everything in life is a competition. If I ask you what your bike weighs' date=' and if it is heavier than mine, I win and will not buy a  lighter component. If however the oposite happens, well, I am out of some money. Why do you guys think so much stuff run through the for sale thread??

[/quote']

Ok JoeyK, now put your wheels and components on and let us know. Mine weighs 16kg beat that!

Go on a diet loose 2 kg's its a lot cheaper than trimming the bike :)

What happens when you've already done that Tongue

Take a dump before riding?

Good option, but difficult if there are only 4 portaloos for 1600 people before the race like Mabalingwe Angry

I like weighing stuff, its part hobby, part obsession for me.  I started with such a heavy bike that I know like stuff as light as I can get them.  Definitely helps going uphill thats for sure !

But the main reason why I would ask what something weighs is too see what the actual weight is, as weights on the web are mostly WAY off. I see no reason to make the bike heavier when buying replacement components...

wheight weeenie joins the party! Welcome we were waiting for you :) I personally am not bothered by wheight since i ride for fun, and to be honest i have a bottom of the range cheap ass bike. I do this for personal satisfaction and some excersize and to get out with friends in nature.

That being said im looking into buying a better machine since ive decided i love this. And even though i will look at the wheights of the bikes i am considering to buy its just not my alpha and omega, I think the point here is that some people do the wheight thing for bragging rights rather than for the usefullness in competition conditions.

I might be wrong but thats how i read this, and my wheight comment is simply aimed at the some people i have seen that are at least 20kg overwheight but they ride around on the skinniest R80k bike they can find so that they can wheigh less and go faster.  Clap

Well Lance said weigh less or get lighter kit as the easiest way to be a better rider, must be some truth in that, even if he only wants us to all buy the newest Madone hehe

I honestly dont see a problem with a potential buyer asking a seller for weight. Its one of the biggest selling points on most components and if the seller isn't wiling to go to the effort of putting the item on a kitchen scale, then do they really want to sell it that badly?

Personally, I've found that weight makes quite a big difference. I started with an entry level 15kg+ bike and then upgraded to a 11.5kg bike which I now have at 10.4 and believe me, the difference is huge! (no, I promise you its not all in my head)

I will continue to ask the weight of components when I want to buy something from a hubber!

The other thing is asking for a weight you can also suss out if he is legit or not to some extent mabye ? A scammer wont go to the trouble and wouldnt really know ?

Haha Lance is probly like 4-6% body fat, but damn he is all muscle hey ! I have 8% according to the gym lady (but the caliper does not seem a vrey accurate method to me..)  

Go on a diet loose 2 kg's its a lot cheaper than trimming the bike :)

except if you're flying somewhere, and bike + box + sleepingbag + biketools = 21 kgs, and you gonna fly three times with the bike, at R300 per kg per flight excess, and you were in the market for a lighter fork anyway.

i don't get any excess luggage credits for weighing less than average Confused