New Bike Build Project - The Beast

Daft Vader

fat people are hard to kidnap!!!!!.......WWWWHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA.

oh, and that bike looks sick.

The bike was insane.  After being off a DH bike since August 2008, I hit the Mankele DH run completely unsighted and stomped it with a clear run.  I am not really known for taking notice of things when I ride, but the one thing I definately noticed on this is no brake jack, which the AS-X had alot of.  The bike was plush but still peddled really well, and the travel felt absolutely endless.

She also got ALOT of attention...

I only crashed 4 times the whole weekend, so I am stoked.  But I am mucho rusty and was very slow on my race runs, but got to the bottom a very happy guy.  I'll try and get some pics from my mates.

Have not done a full recon yet, as I bought the parts over a couple of months, but I guess about R50k-ish.  (Give or take)

I saw the beast on the way to the national and again in the parking lot - it's look even better in the flesh! Sweet ride indeed!

I am now officially tendering my resignation from the hub. The fact that someone can own a bike so beautiful, and that person is not me, makes me very very very sad. I am henceforth inconsolable, and shall take my leave, and locate the nearest rock. This will be the tool of my demise...

*sniff

milliseconds before I lost the front end and biffed...

?

I assume the front end washed out because you took your hands off the handle bars to flash peace signs ... well I assume this because that is a really cool pic and the peace signs would finish it off well :)