I almost had to sit on my top tube to keep the front wheel down

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those pics dont do it justice at all

I almost had to sit on my top tube to keep the front wheel down

u right Tarmac -- thats why i got the upright rod of the fencing in to try and give an idea of vertical! nasty!

sometimes the see saw works ....

20100607_103633_WPXC0601_copy.jpg

but sometimes it doesn't! (but hey well done on giving it a try -- hope u did it again in the race?)

20100607_103748_WPXC0567_copy-1.jpg

Wat doen die oukie op die laaste pic? looks like he is "mendin his fence" !

@ moretrails, Bra, Unless a cyclocross bike had a triple chainset , I would hate to try get up those climbs! have you got lights? Lets ride after work!

Im sure one could do the caroo to coast on one..

@ Vulgar, If you were talking to me, Im not a downhiller Im a mountainbiker boetWink, but there is just as much to XC racing in the technicality of it as there are to the steep climbs and smooth singletrack, take a look at UCI XC 1, sections of that course 3/4 of the riders that do our races wouldnt even ride !

But lets not go off the point. I would love a hardtail for a course like that, when going up those hills, my poor pins (skinny and all will also need to carry 2kg's extra. but oh my heart is torn once more, my first love is for my BlurWink

Jonkershoek then.. I got my license and nothings gona stop me! 5'' and all balls to the wall!

I think the next one is at Zevenwacht which used to be a proper technical course when they still used it 3/4 years ago.

I really enjoyed the Nitida course although lap six was pure purgatory!

Nice to see a bigger field in SV.

busy tagging yesterdays pics ...

20100607_131432_WPXC0086.JPG

20100607_131457_WPXC0092-2.JPG

I just took the 2nd tick off me -- but really looking forward to lying in the bushes again at Zevenwacht!

It seem that the facebook group for it is very active and all info is shared there.

Hi Everyone

Please book it in your diaries, smart phones or tattoo it

on your forhead.

8 August Zevenwacht Estate.

Also please

encourage all your MTB friends to join our facebook group so we can

communicate with all of you about what's on and where it's at.

Regards

James

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=324556679444#!/group.php?gid=324556679444&v=info

?

I just took the 2nd tick off me -- but really looking forward to lying in the bushes again at Zevenwacht!

OMG check out the little man's shoes now thats styling on the trail. smiley32.gif and to mommy and daddy please buy the laaitjie a fork smiley5.gif covie2010-06-08 00:32:54

This little guy is nine and doing an awesome job already.  And his daddy is thinking about a better bike already Wink

And no' date=' IWink'm not his daddy - or his mommyLOL

[/quote']

OMG check out the little man's shoes now thats styling on the trail. smiley32.gif and to mommy and daddy please buy the laaitjie a fork smiley5.gif

Yeah its awesome seeing the kiddies cant wait for mine to grow up enough to start hitting the the trails with me,

Great pics, thanks Ronelle, I will post some more action and inaction shots in our website gallery at www.tygerbergmtb.co.za in the next 24 hours.

Re: the trail;-some thought it was already a technical trail, especially compared to the last race in the series! for the racers, 8 laps of serious mental concentration (there are no stretches to cruise)and 1600m vertical climbing takes it's toll...if you saw the faces at the end you would know what I mean.

Thank you to all who were involved, riders and club members, the day would not have been such a success without you!