TIP - MTB Tubeless on the go repairs

NotSoBigBen

Hey ML I put em in and forget them! Got 1 in my son's bike and 1 in mine and he rode an 80K race last weekend and I been training with mine for a while with no adverse effects so I guess it's pretty much continue as normal.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BigBen

If you say it lasts, I will try my new kit and see if I can rescue a fairly new tyre, or is there a better fix to use at home with time and tools at hand?

Did not have the kit last weekend so had to stick in a tube to finish Eselfontein....

How long do these tubeless repairs last?

i.e. is this just a get you home fix and you replace the tyre asap. or do you keep on using the tyre normally?

The same product is used to repair car tyres so you can literally leave it in for the life of the tyre.

We use them all the time on 4x4 trips, would have been stuffed without them.

I also have this plug set in my toolkit. Used it to repair the two holes made by a long nail in a back tyre in April. Tyre still fine and holding air.

I successfully repaired my tyre last night.

Will see how long it lasts.

I know the same system is used for car tyres, but they are much thicker, so have much more surface area for the plug to adhere to.

Bicycle tyres are thin in comparison, so more chance of the plug working loose. Guess the Stans should take care of it then.

Only time will tell...

mountain_lion2007-09-14 06:56:55

I got no idea what EWEP will do with this stuff once he has it !!! He's never on his MTB anyway !!

Eish my oom and BB!!!  You guys really ripped me a new one there hey.  As far as I know I'll have a "new" HT by next week this time, so then I'll be back on the bike....

O ja, and it's ETwerp as of now.  Still need to get Admin to change my name though.  Also have to get him to create a online clubhouse for Asso