Good Cycle Shops In Cape Town

NeroStrath

Chris Willemse Cycles Tyger Valley, also new to CT and looked at a few shops. By far the best in my opinion, service and price!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Willemse Cycles Tyger Valley' date=' also new to CT and looked at a few shops. By far the best in my opinion, service and price![/quote']

Agreed - best service in the N/Suburbs by far... smiley32.gif

Bring your bike  and family for a weekend in George and visit Coimbra Cycles. Best prices and service in the country as well as honest advice.

Hallo NeroStrath.

Come to uncle Chris. Give me a call , tell me what you want and I promise you that you will get the best deal in Town. No one will be able to beat my deal for you. Try me. My number is 083 6404823 or call in at the shop in Tygervalley. Just ask for me please.

Thanks. Chris Willemse snr

Hallo NeroStrath.

Come to uncle Chris. Give me a call ' date=' tell me what you want and I promise you that you will get the best deal in Town. No one will be able to beat my deal for you. Try me. My number is 083 6404823 or call in at the shop in Tygervalley. Just ask for me please.

Thanks. Chris Willemse snr

[/quote']

Can vouch for that! smiley32.gif Hallo oom Chris smiley20.gif

• 2 years later...

From a noobs point of view

Got some really good newbie advice and service from City Cycles. A gent by the name of Chris andanother young fellow took time to explain the dead basics over and over again to me

Mate of mine bought a Momsen from Cycle lab in Tygervalley and had endless hassles, until they agreed to swap the bike out, he loved the bike but the workshop and customer service was a tad lacking. So i stay away.

CWC, awesome shop, drool, but unfortunetaly I get the distinct impression they dont cater for guys like me, I bought GPS computer and got 2minutes rushed assistance before the sales guy left me in a dust cloud to help a more cyclist looking cyclist.

Also went there looking for a bike twice but similar feeling and left without buying, sorry uncle Chris dont want to run your shop down, I can see you guys do a great job but just my feeling.

Then my now LBS, around 50 km from home but worth it Geco Cycles, took ages explaining everything to me, then ages setting up the bike and o boy hat a difference, comfortable and loving it. I felt a tad guilty becuase pro cyclist should get this type of service, not guys trying to lose weight and have fun rides. Must say they have got my vote.

But again, just my noob opinion

Edited by Kanga

Closest to you I know of is BMC in Woodstock. They have a pick up an delivery service as well. Bikelane just opened up recently in Woodstock as well.

Closest to you I know of is BMC in Woodstock. They have a pick up an delivery service as well. Bikelane just opened up recently in Woodstock as well.

I know there is City Cycles in Canal Walk, I had an issue with them when they sorted my wifes bike out, not sure if that was once off or they are generally OK?

Imo they ok if you need sonething done after hours before 9am. Only ever had them replace a crank for me.

So here is the memo:

Best prices: CWC/Evobikes

Everything: Gecko cycles, sometimes a tad more expensive than the above mentioned but just ask bradley/fred/brad for discount.

Cyclelab in Somerset West. Owen and his boys are pretty jacked up!

+1. Kyle has the workshop running smooth.