Good Cycle Shops In Cape Town

NeroStrath

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From a noobs point of view

CWC, awesome shop, drool, but unfortunetaly I get the distinct impression they dont cater for guys like me, I bought GPS computer and got 2minutes rushed assistance before the sales guy left me in a dust cloud to help a more cyclist looking cyclist.

Also went there looking for a bike twice but similar feeling and left without buying, sorry uncle Chris dont want to run your shop down, I can see you guys do a great job but just my feeling.

I have to agree here unfortunately. I have been to the old shop, it was busy, I was ignored, I bought somthing and was dealt with a like by the way matter. Did not appreciate it. I kept reading on the hub how awesome the shop is etc. Then the new shop opened. I was in the market for an AM bike, some pads etc, visited the new shop, looked at a few bikes, was once again ignored, instead some other people walked they were greeted and helped immediately, dont know if I am judged by how I look etc, but I walked out with my 25k to spend elsewhere, will never walk in there again no matter how awesome people claim they are!!!!! The same goes to alot of bike shops around the cape. It is just not CWC it is the people that work there and you will find this in alot of other types of shops as well. Yes I am fussy, but at the end of the day there is another store who is more willing to deal with me.

Hi Riyadh, Kanga and all other Hubers.

Thank you for bringing this under my attention. We can only grow if we get feedback from you as a cyclist. That is why we have a "customer care " department and my daughter, Melanie is looking after that very carefully. Unfortunately we are depended on sales people and everybody is not always as good as the other one.

If I can only the complain as soon as possible and the name of the salesman then I can and will take action. We try our best to give great service and need your help to tell us where we are going wrong or when you do not get the service that you are looking for. Please feel free to contact us and tell us what is going on.

I am looking forward to see you guys in our shop again .

Hi Riyadh, Kanga and all other Hubers.

Thank you for bringing this under my attention. We can only grow if we get feedback from you as a cyclist. That is why we have a "customer care " department and my daughter, Melanie is looking after that very carefully. Unfortunately we are depended on sales people and everybody is not always as good as the other one.

If I can only the complain as soon as possible and the name of the salesman then I can and will take action. We try our best to give great service and need your help to tell us where we are going wrong or when you do not get the service that you are looking for. Please feel free to contact us and tell us what is going on.

I am looking forward to see you guys in our shop again .

Thanks Chris

Make no mistake, AWESOME shop, but I just get the impression I am not the target market (whether I can afford it or not)

Its just staff would rather be dealing with the guy gearing up for the EPIC, and not the guy trying to shake a few kilos and get into the sport.

And though it might not have been intentional it is still how it comes across to me when I walk in and start asking questions.

Thanks Kanga but let me assure you that we tread everyone the same. We sell bikes from 12" up to the most expensive machine. But the most important point is that you were not happy with your treatment and now it is up to me and my team to make sure that it does not happen again. It will be one of my most important topics on my agenda fro Thursday nights meeting - that I can assure you all. Please if you in our area again pop in and come and say hello to me.

1 unhappy client is 1 too much for us at CWC.

Who would be the best shop/ independent mechanics in the Milnerton area(Woodbridge Island)?

Caerus ... drop me a pm with your email and we can chat

Thanks Chris

Make no mistake, AWESOME shop, but I just get the impression I am not the target market (whether I can afford it or not)

Its just staff would rather be dealing with the guy gearing up for the EPIC, and not the guy trying to shake a few kilos and get into the sport.

And though it might not have been intentional it is still how it comes across to me when I walk in and start asking questions.

Yo Kanga .... many light years ago when I left school and knew even less about cycling than I do today, I worked at CWC .... what Chris is saying about the store having a target market that covers everyone who owns a bicycle or is even thinking of owning a bicycle.

There was a roughly dressed Client who would always come in and ask 1000's of questions, look and then walk out on a regular basis ... I entertained him and gave the best advise that I could, even if it meant complimenting a competitive shops brands as this was my honest opinion .... long story short ... he eventually walked in one morning and purchased the top of the range 20K bike (in 1996/7 this was a rather pricey purchase) and subsequently asked if we could help him load it into the car. Car turned out to be a shiny little Porsche.

The way he was treated in that store was the same way that a cyclist who pitches up looking like he is a pro is treated.

Now I do believe that this is how the CWC store still operate.

What might well be to their disadvantage right now is that they have this huge store with high volumes of traffic coming through there on the weekend and the number of staff on the floor are under pressure to see to as many Clients at the same time.

Hope you give them another chance.

Regards

Jerome "AKA" Hairy

For me it's still Cycle Factory in Montague Gardens. Humble guys, great workshop and some of the best prices around.

WHat the hell are you doing on here!!? You just got married, chump!

Trail and Tar in Tokai, only started using their services recently as i did my bike setup their, friendly and very efficient.

@ Hairy

You have to change your latest avatar, it is hurting my eyes!ph34r.png

I will look into it tomorrow