Good Cycle Shops In Cape Town

NeroStrath

Must give Cycle Lab Cape Town a shout out here. Popped in this morning to book my bike in for the brakes to be looked at. Mac on the sales side said do I have 10 minutes to spare as they could look at it immediately and see what they could do. Walked out 15 minutes later with everything fixed. Top class freindly service and now I don't have to travel in from Southern Suburbs to collect it later.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...CWC, awesome shop, drool, but unfortunetaly I get the distinct impression they dont cater for guys like me, I bought GPS computer and got 2minutes rushed assistance before the sales guy left me in a dust cloud to help a more cyclist looking cyclist.

Also went there looking for a bike twice but similar feeling and left without buying, sorry uncle Chris dont want to run your shop down, I can see you guys do a great job but just my feeling....

UnfortunateIy, I have to fully agree with this. I bought my first bike from them, plus a couple of extras over the next few months... and every time I got the same kinda "rushed/unhelpful" service.

I eventually went to another shop when I was looking for a new bike, the sales guy talked to me for ages, answering questions, giving me new information, really discussing my options etc.. completely ignoring his colleagues that were trying to get his attention... I bought the bike from him... he also offered a substantial discount....

Could it be that CWC is struggling to find the balance between online and walk-in.?

No doubt they offer some great deals from time to time, but that isn't always good enough if the service isn't up to scratch.

Besides, a number of other stores are starting to offer prices which are just as competitive.

I've also had a number of emails that have just gone unanswered.!

Hi gentleman.

Thank you for all the compliments and the critics. No one is perfect and we can only better and improve our business if we get informed where we are doing wrong. I thank who criticize us if we are not up to standard.

But gentleman all my sales staff have their names on their shirts. Please if you are not happy with anything, it does not matter what it is and how small it is just take note of his or her name and inform me personally about your problem or experiences as well as the salesman's name and I guarantee you that action will be taken immediately.

I thank you for your support. At Chris Willemse Cycles each and every client, it does not matter if they want to spent R 10.00 or R 100,000 should be treated the same. That is my policy and I will personally take care of my salespersonel if I find out that they don't follow my policies.

I need to get my brakes checked out, I can't seem to stop them squealing, tried most of the tips suggested online, where is a good place to take them to be checked out on short notice, at the moment I'm thinking of CWC, as I might have to replace pads or heaven forbid the rotors as well.

Any suggestions, I'm in the Woodbridge Island/ Paarden Island area and have my bike with me now.

Many Thanks

I need to get my brakes checked out, I can't seem to stop them squealing, tried most of the tips suggested online, where is a good place to take them to be checked out on short notice, at the moment I'm thinking of CWC, as I might have to replace pads or heaven forbid the rotors as well.

Any suggestions, I'm in the Woodbridge Island/ Paarden Island area and have my bike with me now.

Many Thanks

We are around the corner from where you are. Give us a ring on (021) 552 8285 (ask for Pieter) and we will squeeze you in today.

We are around the corner from where you are. Give us a ring on (021) 552 8285 (ask for Pieter) and we will squeeze you in today.

I can only get there this arvo after work say 5:30pm to drop it off, if it could be ready by tomorrow arvo that would be great. Is that a possibility?

Thanks for the reply smile.png

Edited by Caerus

Perfect. We are open till 6pm, but if you're a couple of minutes late just phone in advance to arrange. Please PM your name, contact & bike details then I will arrange with our workshop.

Many Thanks

So THAT's why you didn't come through on Sunday!? :)

I'm not from CT, but have been to a couple of shops. The 2 that stand out are Revolution Cycles and Cycle Lab in Tokai. At both shops I spent ages chatting about this, that and the next thing and was never pressured or had someone hard-sell me on anything.

Maybe that's just Cape Town folk...

Nah, it's a case of the guys actually caring about you.

Whenever I go in to CWC I tend to get good service. Great, in fact.

But my favourite LBS is Epic Bike Shop. Lance is a top notch mechanic, and they are more than happy to chat about anything you have on your mind. Range isn't the biggest (in contrast to Olympic, who carry a huuuuge range) but the service is fantastic.

I can also vouch for Cycle Factory, although I haven't used them much....

The bigger the store, often the worse the service is.

Random fact for today.

Lance at the Epic. Not much stock but he takes his time to fix your bike and makes sure it's fixed. I also prefer shops where I can see my bike.

Some chuck them upstairs and you don't know how the bikes are treated...

Speedy Cycles in Wynberg does excellent bike services, not a great places for parts/accessories but their service is awesome and cheap.

I find the bigger stores give worse service and often just breaks my shifting which I need to reset. Olympic cycles is one of those.

I live around the corner from Crown but wasnt certain about them, will have to try them out.