Good Cycle Shops In Cape Town

NeroStrath

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHat the hell are you doing on here!!? You just got married, chump!

What are YOU doing here? You have an Ibis to ride!

for secondhand bikes you could also try us at Bikelane, we have plenty of stock and the best rates for services...

What are YOU doing here? You have an Ibis to ride!

ROFL. Yeah. I do, don't I!?

I'm on duty tonight. Wifey is at squash summer league. Gonna ride tomorrow morning.

But rode wed/thur/fri/sat/sun last week. Was dog tired on monday. Couldn't ride yesterday 'cos wifey had a job interview and, you got it, I had to look after the little one.

for secondhand bikes you could also try us at Bikelane, we have plenty of stock and the best rates for services...

Where is this Bike Lane you speak off?

Hi Riyadh, Kanga and all other Hubers.

Thank you for bringing this under my attention. We can only grow if we get feedback from you as a cyclist. That is why we have a "customer care " department and my daughter, Melanie is looking after that very carefully. Unfortunately we are depended on sales people and everybody is not always as good as the other one.

If I can only the complain as soon as possible and the name of the salesman then I can and will take action. We try our best to give great service and need your help to tell us where we are going wrong or when you do not get the service that you are looking for. Please feel free to contact us and tell us what is going on.

I am looking forward to see you guys in our shop again .

I have to give a +1 to CWC. Was my first stop when I decided to start cycling again. I got there the Saturday morning early looking like a southern subs bergie as it was a chaos work week and one too many cold ones the Friday eve. I was greeted as I walked in and the sales guy helped me from shoes right through to helmets and never stopped answering my questions or giving advice.

If I need something I will defs pop in there, had a great experience.

From a noobs point of view

Got some really good newbie advice and service from City Cycles. A gent by the name of Chris andanother young fellow took time to explain the dead basics over and over again to me

Mate of mine bought a Momsen from Cycle lab in Tygervalley and had endless hassles, until they agreed to swap the bike out, he loved the bike but the workshop and customer service was a tad lacking. So i stay away.

CWC, awesome shop, drool, but unfortunetaly I get the distinct impression they dont cater for guys like me, I bought GPS computer and got 2minutes rushed assistance before the sales guy left me in a dust cloud to help a more cyclist looking cyclist.

Also went there looking for a bike twice but similar feeling and left without buying, sorry uncle Chris dont want to run your shop down, I can see you guys do a great job but just my feeling.

Then my now LBS, around 50 km from home but worth it Geco Cycles, took ages explaining everything to me, then ages setting up the bike and o boy hat a difference, comfortable and loving it. I felt a tad guilty becuase pro cyclist should get this type of service, not guys trying to lose weight and have fun rides. Must say they have got my vote.

But again, just my noob opinion

I am going to second this, firstly on the Cycle Lab in Tygervalley. I had great service from the sales staff and spend much more at the shop besides for the initial bike purchase. In the 8 months since I bought the bike, I've had to replace the headset (worn), the chain (worn) and now it's the rear freebody (worn). I bought a wash and lube service package with them and wash my bike after every ride and I don't ride more than 50km a week.

I'm now stopping my support of Cycle Lab.

CWC is great but it seems they cater for the upper, upper market.

TwiggyzSA

I would like to correct you if I may. We are definitely not in the UPPER - UPPER market. Our range starts from a 12". MTB and does end in the upper class but we carry the complete range of Merida starting from +- R 4000 till the top, we carry the full range of Giant, starting from R 3500 till the top, the same goes for GT,Titan, Ave-lance ect and then our own range , Fondriest where you can buy a racing bike starting at R 12000.

I am sure that you are aware that we try our out most to beat any price and cell our spares mostly at wholesale price if possible.

TwiggyzSA

I would like to correct you if I may. We are definitely not in the UPPER - UPPER market. Our range starts from a 12". MTB and does end in the upper class but we carry the complete range of Merida starting from +- R 4000 till the top, we carry the full range of Giant, starting from R 3500 till the top, the same goes for GT,Titan, Ave-lance ect and then our own range , Fondriest where you can buy a racing bike starting at R 12000.

I am sure that you are aware that we try our out most to beat any price and cell our spares mostly at wholesale price if possible.

This Lance bike, does it come with go-faster pills?

• 3 weeks later...

Must say I decided to give CWC another (2) Chances

First to ask about a Bryton 20 USB cable, was told R190 and would order and phone when it arrives, around 2 weeks later nothing yet, but hey its a cable and wont be paying for the staff xmas braai.

Went in on Monday to buy a bike seat for my 19y/o to put on a spare bike so she can join dad on a few gentle rides, went in asked the fella at the counter, seemed a little annoyed at being interupted but walked me over to the seats that was stacked on a high shelf and said. " we have these" pointing at it.

Turns out it was the unit I wanted and had done some homework on, but that was it, no will it fit on this or that asked will it fit on a Hardrock, reply " should"

So I took the unit, I certainly wont drive around CWC and not go in, lets face it the shop is awesome and someone there is hugely passionate about cycling, I would buy items on which I dont need advise, but not where I have tons of stupid questions, and as a noob I have a hell of a lot of those.

This is just my experience, obviously tons of other people have had just the opposite.

Try Cycle Factory Montague gardens - always good service and if they do not stock the part you're looking for they make a plan to get it for you asap!

Edited by MeridaHFS

Cycle shops are usually like polititians. Your pick the better of the two evils. With CWC in the mix, that is no longer necessary. You just pick them and you WILL get service.

They are one of the few shops that will always sort you out. One of the few shops that you can chat to the owner, or his family. To me that beats doing business with some silent partner that doesn;t know his ass from his elbow when it comes to bikes.

My 2 c

I'm not from CT, but have been to a couple of shops. The 2 that stand out are Revolution Cycles and Cycle Lab in Tokai. At both shops I spent ages chatting about this, that and the next thing and was never pressured or had someone hard-sell me on anything.

Maybe that's just Cape Town folk...