Ovenboi

thanks, i was hoping for something more precise :rolleyes:

anyway, seems LA is spicing things u[p at the mo

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That You Tube video was dumb as well if he has nothing to feel bad about why go through all that trouble, it makes him look like a real little mommy's boy.

Ja the apologetic little jingle at the beginning makes him look like a children's tv presenter who just got caught snorting rails off a strippers bum.

AC didn't do anything wrong, Samu Sanchez and Menchov wouldn't have waited for them so he couldn't just slow down get off his bike and watch Andy come right with his own mess. he must learn how to use his gears

GO alberto you are the best

Maybe you should look again Contador wasnt near Andy. it was Vino!!

Exactly. **** Vino for not stopping, fixing dickwads bike and then pacing him back to the front. **** em all for not waiting for Andy. FFS, is this a ******* barbie dolls tea party or a sport for hard men? Send the wanker back home to his brother, they can sing kumbaya, and harvest tulips, or whatever the hell is is luxmemburgers do.

As a matter of fact, double **** Menchov and Sanchez for riding away when schekel was track-standing with Contador the other day. They should be ashamed of attacking when the tour leader was playing mind games. DQ's all round.

I'm pasting this comment from another discussion without the posters permission, only cause it makes soooo much sense..

Here is where I dont understand things and it would work both ways so Im not defedning AC's actions here:

Andy attacked good and proper to drop Alberto and make up extra time, he changed from bigring to small ring and chain came off. Alberto saw that he attacked, came out the middle of the group and countered the attack. Normal cycling.

Now my question is: Cause Andys chain came off during the attack should Alberto stop and say "Oh **** Andy that was a mess up, we will all slow down and let you sort it out and then you can attack the **** out of us all again"

No I dont think so. If Andy was in the group and his chain popped off then yes, by all means wait for him. Different situation.

Also Sammy and Menchov drove that break all the time not Alberto so why arent they deamed the devil?

Lastley what upset me about this is that the attention of voecklers cracker win in the French National colours was less important than Schleck having to learn not to hook smallblade going up a climb on an attack.

If Contador had NOT done something wrong would we have been debating this for 16 pages? Would the crowed still have boo'd him at the podium? Would SKY, CNN et al be running repeated slow mo replays etc etc... Would he be defending himself? Would Schlek still be angry?

Obviously he has done something considered unsporting by the wider audience out there...

I'm pasting this comment from another discussion without the posters permission, only cause it makes soooo much sense..

Here is where I dont understand things and it would work both ways so Im not defedning AC's actions here:

Andy attacked good and proper to drop Alberto and make up extra time, he changed from bigring to small ring and chain came off. Alberto saw that he attacked, came out the middle of the group and countered the attack. Normal cycling.

Now my question is: Cause Andys chain came off during the attack should Alberto stop and say "Oh **** Andy that was a mess up, we will all slow down and let you sort it out and then you can attack the **** out of us all again"

No I dont think so. If Andy was in the group and his chain popped off then yes, by all means wait for him. Different situation.

Also Sammy and Menchov drove that break all the time not Alberto so why arent they deamed the devil?

Lastley what upset me about this is that the attention of voecklers cracker win in the French National colours was less important than Schleck having to learn not to hook smallblade going up a climb on an attack.

Exactly what I said... Without all the swearing...

all is fair in love and war...it will be even better when Andy takes the yellow..no excuses from the smoking guns...

Exactly what I said... Without all the swearing...

Exactly, because Bob doesnt swear :blink:

Would SKY, CNN et al be running repeated slow mo replays etc etc...

Thats the media. They play what you want to see. Right or wrong is not important to them.

This is professional sport, you and I work in an office, they work on the open road.

Lets take a quick business example, - coffee bean shares are set to fly, theres only so many shares on the market and buyers are piling in, just as "Farmer Franks investment company" is ready to buy 100.000 shares his computers go down, do you honestly think "Lenny's hedge fund" will say, "GEE boys, Farmer Franks computers just went on the blink, lets all stop buying up the shares until they can come back on line and get a fair knock of the coffee bean run.?" - hmmm, I dont think so, they will be like "Hey, cool, more shares on the market for me, buy, boys buy.!"

Same thing really. Its not personal, its business, nothing more nothing less.!

Thats the media. They play what you want to see. Right or wrong is not important to them.

This is professional sport, you and I work in an office, they work on the open road.

Lets take a quick business example, - coffee bean shares are set to fly, theres only so many shares on the market and buyers are piling in, just as "Farmer Franks investment company" is ready to buy 100.000 shares his computers go down, do you honestly think "Lenny's hedge fund" will say, "GEE boys, Farmer Franks computers just went on the blink, lets all stop buying up the shares until they can come back on line and get a fair knock of the coffee bean run.?" - hmmm, I dont think so, they will be like "Hey, cool, more shares on the market for me, buy, boys buy.!"

Same thing really. Its not personal, its business, nothing more nothing less.!

You are not seriuos!

you cannot compare the two situations. All AC had to do was not to accelerate. Did not need to stop and wait.

You are not seriuos!

you cannot compare the two situations. All AC had to do was not to accelerate. Did not need to stop and wait.

Why cant you compare.? So in your scenario all the other hedge funds must just sit back and say, okay we will all sit here and wait until Farmer Franks computers come on line, we wont buy anything till then, so then we can all scramble fairly for whats left of the shares, we wont be bad friends, and we can all go out for tea and cucumber sandwiches later.?

I think not, managers will lose bonuses,the broker may lose his job, the company will lose investors money, the investors will be asking questions and hauling out their funds, the credibility of the firm as a competitive entity will be questioned......all round it will be pretty ugly.

Same here, theres alot at stake, not only 'Berto's decision, but the team bonuses, the investors want a return on investment, the brand wants exposure in yellow, the managers want to have a contract for next year, the riders who have done nothing wrong want the promised bonus, and,and,and,and,.............!!

Say 'berto did sit back and lost the tour, do you not think there would be questions asked down the road.? Do you not think investors would be saying, are you here to make friends or win races and get us a return, do you not think the managers will be asking what the hell he was thinking, this is a race (a business) be ethical and stick to the rules, but further than that, .........Win the @#$%^&& Race!.