Lance Armstrong brought to his knees by unknown entity.

Wyatt Earp

Man! I have to get up early for work tomorrow... but ok, I'm convinced! I'll get the popcorn!

Oh, and sorry for interrupting, please continue!

no no, its quite alright... i can only handle so much of old men hitting on me

cheers guys

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

Unfortunately Elefantino Pantani was up against a cycling master who was to become the greatest Tour cyclist of all times....... Lance Armstrong..... and Armstrong allowed him to pass and win on Mont Ventoux, a decision Armstrong regretted because it robbed him of a win he would never repeat.

sorry mate - i dont swing that way

but you should go hang out at gym. theres some big boys there for you

Here comes those FanTantrums again....dont let me send you to 'Clicks'

:lol: :lol:

you guys have gotta be kidding me ??

A. was the pirate as queer as a nine bob note ?

B. do you guys have to make things personal all the time ?

no no, its quite alright... i can only handle so much of old men hitting on me

cheers guys

Could it be? Is the hub's greatest hater going the way of the Colonel and doing the duck?

I can only hope...

Could it be? Is the hub's greatest hater going the way of the Colonel and doing the duck?

I can only hope...

interesting comment....

over the last 2 years, more and more knowledgeable and competent cyclists have left the hub... i think im starting to see why

interesting comment....

over the last 2 years, more and more knowledgeable and competent cyclists have left the hub... i think im starting to see why

I'm guessing it's because they like to see fair and intelligent content not a one line whiner saturating the hub with Lance hate speech?

I'm guessing it's because they like to see fair and intelligent content not a one line whiner saturating the hub with Lance hate speech?

im guessing its because no matter what their qualified and expert opinion, plonkers who know nothing make so much noise and badmouth them everytime they say anything intelligent, they they stop wasting their time sharing their wisdom

interesting comment....

You can't be that knowledgeable then, neither of us for that matter, we are all still here.

So what does that tell us, we are a bunch of dumb tjops giving opinions with lack of knowledge.

you guys have gotta be kidding me ??

A. was the pirate as queer as a nine bob note ?

B. do you guys have to make things personal all the time ?

Pantani was really messed up. He used to hang out with a transvestite, but maybe they were just good friends, who knows. If you can still find the Pantani biography you should read it, very interesting read and goes a long way to explaining how screwed up cycling in Italy was in the 90's.

very interesting read and goes a long way to explaining how screwed up cycling in Italy was in the 90's.

Ya, I was pretty screwed up in the 80's, hung at out at real shady clubs, anyone remember Alcatraz ?

Got locked uo almost monthly for assault.

Took sheets of postage stamps at Wits that was doctored in the lab.

Some might remember names such as Purple Ninja's, Smiley's and Airwolf's, they were pretty expensive stamps and we sold them at nice high prices and even stuck them to ourselves (under the tongue)

The difference with these stamps and the others it that these were laced with something that you will hear from a Beatles song on the Sergeant Pepper album.

It was an era, things have moved on since then, am I still the same ?

We all have/had skeletons in the closet.

I seem to think I have changed for the better.

"Lance Armstrong brought to his knees by unknown entity"

Brilliant. Just the title made me laugh out loud and get stared at in the office.

If the Hub is a wasp's nest, then this title was the biggest whack with a stick.

It's obviously insulting & obviously true - he didnt win, even when the top guys werent trying. But he is/was a great cyclist and probably deserves more respect than the thread title gives him.

Thanks for the laugh - the subsequent debate lived down to expectations!

Unfortunately Elefantino Pantani was up against a cycling master who was to become the greatest Tour cyclist of all times....... Lance Armstrong..... and Armstrong allowed him to pass and win on Mont Ventoux, a decision Armstrong regretted because it robbed him of a win he would never repeat.

Pantani denied that Armstrong gave him that stage - said he beat him fair and square. Looking at the footage, I have to side with Armstrong though. Pantani was already sliding down his slippery slope.

Thanks for the laugh - the subsequent debate lived down to expectations!

Pleasure.

And can we really expect less.

Pantani denied that Armstrong gave him that stage - said he beat him fair and square. Looking at the footage, I have to side with Armstrong though. Pantani was already sliding down his slippery slope.

Was this the same ventoux that armstrong kicked and dropped everyone, overtaking and hauling in pantani ? Why de heck would he then hand him the victory after that ?

Was this the same ventoux that armstrong kicked and dropped everyone, overtaking and hauling in pantani ? Why de heck would he then hand him the victory after that ?

"It's not fair to say that," Armstrong said. "He rode a good race. He was a real fighter today and he deserved the win. It's appropriate a climber like him wins on a legendary climb like the Ventoux."