Do Mountain Bikers Smoke ?

Trelawney

Do Mountain Bikers Smoke ?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Hey Mountain Bikers - Do you smoke ?

• Yes - Regularly
    • Yes - Occasionally
    • No - Gave up a while back
    • No - Have never smoked

Do we smoke whom? Roadies? On the technical stuff for sure. Most roadies smoke me on the dirt road sections. They just blow me away (let's not get smoke and blow mixed up now, let's play nicely).

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i get you on the no smoking thing, i really do

I dont smoke in non smokers company cause lets face it, it is disgusting, no denial there

+1

as for the part of why i dont give it up, yes i cant give you an answer on that one either

Again, +1

guess im just not that ready yet & dont have the will power yet. It means a lifestyle change & for anyone that is extremely difficult. Yes it does overwhelm my mind if anyone wonders

Yup. +1

If my smoke is bothering you, by all means TALK to me about it and I will sort it out immeadiately.

Get all millitant at me and, well let me just end by saying I really do not react well to that type of treatment.

I have been a smoker since December 1977. I have had a few complaints, even fairly stern words at times and I have always acceeded to the request. Anyone can make a mistake and if my smoke is bothering you, you have evry right to address me about it.

I also have every right to spoken to in a civilised manner.

I also have every right to spoken to in a civilised manner.

Are you new here?

Smoking while on a bike will always be an embarasing social condition. Perhaps the smoker can not afford to buy a good quality chain lube. Using hyperrama grade brake pads on carbon rims may also cause an amount of smoke to eminate from the offending party. Does the smoke have an odour or an unusual colour? Is it often coupled with a high pitched squealing sound?

Any kind of smoking is never cool when descending at high speeds. A puff and then a loud bang may well be the begining of a journey into the more deadly aspects of tar, and should be avoided like getting dropped by the "ZC" bunch.

Smoking while on a bike will always be an embarasing social condition. Perhaps the smoker can not afford to buy a good quality chain lube. Using hyperrama grade brake pads on carbon rims may also cause an amount of smoke to eminate from the offending party. Does the smoke have an odour or an unusual colour? Is it often coupled with a high pitched squealing sound?

Any kind of smoking is never cool when descending at high speeds. A puff and then a loud bang may well be the begining of a journey into the more deadly aspects of tar, and should be avoided like getting dropped by the "ZC" bunch.

if i may ask

WHAT have you been smoking ? Your attempt at a rhyme/short paragraph/story or whatever it is supposed to be makes absolutely no sense.

Did you get your hands on some of that bergie twak by any chance ?

PS: One thing you did say does make perfect sense - the 1st sentence but it pretty much ends there

My dad smoked and I had to watch him die a slow agonizing death where he got less an less oxygen until he just stopped breathing. Nothing we could do and a terrible way of going for him. I do not know you but I do not wish sch a death for you. It is not good to see people you love die that way.

Ditto, Horrible way to go. I recon most smokers don't even realise how ugly it really is.

But I'm not gonna preach about it.

Gave up six months ago, its paid for my GT and will pay for a new full sus frame in another six months, costs a fortune! Also saw my partners dad die from lung cancer last year, not good, motivated me to pack it in after 20 odd years. And yes I feel so much better for it, especially in winter, no more having to go outdoors to smoke and freeze my ass off!