Do Mountain Bikers Smoke ?

Trelawney

Do Mountain Bikers Smoke ?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Hey Mountain Bikers - Do you smoke ?

• Yes - Regularly
    • Yes - Occasionally
    • No - Gave up a while back
    • No - Have never smoked

The same old poll again . And at the risk of repeating myself . I don't care if your father , mother or aunt died slowly because of some smoking related illness , neither do I can what you think !! I don't smoke to make YOU happy , to be honest I don't care a flying pig what you may think .

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same old poll again . And at the risk of repeating myself . I don't care if your father , mother or aunt died slowly because of some smoking related illness , neither do I can what you think !! I don't smoke to make YOU happy , to be honest I don't care a flying pig what you may think .

But they shouldn't involve/affect non-smokers!

Not to generalise but...

I was driving to work on a very cold morning a few weeks ago and in the car behind me a loving/caring "dad" lit a siggy with his daughter next to him! How can one "poisen" his own child? I wanted to...thehub filter won't allow me to continue...

"Just in the UK, more than 17 000 children are hospitalised every year due to respiratory problems caused by their exposure to parents' smoke."

From news24.

So dont post a comment. ;)

But they shouldn't involve/affect non-smokers!

Not to generalise but...

I was driving to work on a very cold morning a few weeks ago and in the car behind me a loving/caring "dad" lit a siggy with his daughter next to him! How can one "poisen" his own child? I wanted to...thehub filter won't allow me to continue...

"Just in the UK, more than 17 000 children are hospitalised every year due to respiratory problems caused by their exposure to parents' smoke."

From news24.

Read the medical journals there is not one peace of concrete evidence that secondary smoke will affect anyone. Its polution and the climate in the UK that cuases hospitilizations and thats proven.

A study in the UK showed that for an average grown up to experiance the effects of 1 box of ciggarette smoke, you to be around something like 40 000 smoked cigarettes. In normal terms second smoke though not healty is not a cause of any illness since the average exposure is so limited more damage is done to your lungs sitting behind that smoking diesel bakkie on the way to work than you experiance your entire adult life living with a smoker.

The hype and the fuss about this is simply targeted to make smokers stop smoking, not a bad thing in itself but please stop bitching and whining about secondary smoke inhalation. Its like watching paint dry.

Read the medical journals there is not one peace of concrete evidence that secondary smoke will affect anyone. Its polution and the climate in the UK that cuases hospitilizations and thats proven.

A study in the UK showed that for an average grown up to experiance the effects of 1 box of ciggarette smoke, you to be around something like 40 000 smoked cigarettes. In normal terms second smoke though not healty is not a cause of any illness since the average exposure is so limited more damage is done to your lungs sitting behind that smoking diesel bakkie on the way to work than you experiance your entire adult life living with a smoker.

The hype and the fuss about this is simply targeted to make smokers stop smoking, not a bad thing in itself but please stop bitching and whining about secondary smoke inhalation. Its like watching paint dry.

Covie

I have always enjoyed your ramblings, maar gaan praat *** op n' ander plek :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol dangle go lookup the studies that prompted the legislation that started the anti-smoking laws, they admit in that study that there is no evidence that passive smoking has any effect on people.

But not going to ramble again, :D theres no point to this debate, I smoke and I fart in public and when i feel daring I might even burp.

Those who dont like it, well lets just say I aint going to loose any sleep whatsoever ;)

Please do not skirt the issues:

The issue remains that children are forced to inhale the smoke of parents, family and friends in their homes and vehicles as a result of the thoughtless and selfish act of those smokers.

It is proven that the pulmonary medical incident rate of children that belong to non smokers is significantly lower than children of smokers.

If you are a parent and have recently become a parent: are you smoking in your home? (I think c that you know this Q is for you)

yip and i even let my 3 year old light my smokes for me, less effort involved.

Thanks, you have proven your character, regards to your kid, he has my condolences.

Did i tell you guys that the 6 year old can now open beer bottles with her teeth' Im so proud.

Did i tell you guys that the 6 year old can now open beer bottles with her teeth' Im so proud.

Her name must be Courtney, she will marry a great dude by the name of Kurt one day, he will die (sewerage pipe by shotgun) and she will become an absolute washout, luckily without her teefs.