Final team for worlds

Groot Lem

Maybe this is new selection policy - post a half-baked team on the Hub, get feedback from actual cycling experts, and pick a better team!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No wait, I've got it - printed in three columns, and someone accidentally dropped the last line with the obvious names in...

haha. Good one! I think we all are praying for that! But think this is serious! Damn,this is not good!

Maybe this is new selection policy - post a half-baked team on the Hub' date=' get feedback from actual cycling experts, and pick a better team! [/quote']

then why the word "final"?Confused

I cant believe that CSA is doing this to Ronel, she has really proven that she is the inform rider.  Angry

If there is any merit at all why she is not part of the team and why other were choisen above her, please Carinus and Key, post it on this forum and see if you can justify your selection!!!

This move by CSA and the "selectors" just KILLED the SA Championships and what it stands for!!! This will become just one more race (with NO prize money) with no glory or merrit ... Why become SA Champ (Tripple this year in Ronel's case) and not be selected twice in a row - 1) All Africa and 2) Worlds to represent your country ...!!!??? You go Ronel - You are not loosing here - They are ...!

ConfusedDavid George and James Perry are by far the best SA time trialists so they will most likely be aiming at the ITT at the worlds, where SA can enter 2. Logically, for economic reasons, they will probably be doing the road race where both are capable of providing essential support to whoever is designated as SA's man most likely to do best on the day!     

Well done to the people chosen, The fault's not with them, I'm sure they will do their best out there. it's a big honor being chosen. I'd say its the selectors that messed up on this one. I wouldn't even call it messed up for that matter...it seems too calculated and planned. So I will say it is a calculated stupid well planned f*&&ckup that they made.

The last straw broke the camels back...but I know Ronel she wont take it lying down...never have and never will. Hopefully her actions will make it easier for other young and upcoming lady cyclists in the future. Maybe this is needed so people can open their eyes and see exactly what is going on in this sport. It's corrupt and there are so many lies that one quote comes to mind...what wicked web our lies weave.

Well done Ronel...doing this takes a lot of guts...I admire you for it.

yes this sport is everything you say it is! WHEN is it going to change? When is the nightmare going to end in Sa cycling? It makes me sick to my stomach thinking of this. But who is going to do something about it? Any ideas? I think a protest would stir stuff up.hehe. no!that wont work....

So what is the process for the team selection? I assume that it is a panel of some description. So who sits on it and what are the criteria which they use to guide their decisions. Is is a majority vote type setup?

Groot Lem I suppose that this is a "public communication" thing that you'd be qualified to address?

Huh?! According to cyclingsa.com both Ronel and Hunter are in the team.  And a final team will be decided on closer to the event. Am I missing something?

Groot Lem got e mail along with other provinces. Latrinus is not a selector.

Fullard is one of the new selectors and he wont put his own man Lange in as it is not Malcolm's type of race. And anyone that think Malcolm should be in knows nothing. Its like 270k's on a hard circuit. Hunter wasnt available. So dont shout if you dont know. I know that Latrinus tries to get the right systems in place for selectors but he has no influence on team.

Re the girls I dont know whats going on. Remember when Ronel won SA's there was a ladies team overseas. I dont know Ronel as a rider, just know she is a very nice person. Not sure if she can handle the hard circuit as well as the climbers. Not sure why they selected Anriette or how her shape is.

The Girls that is now in the team were ALL at SAs! Ronel beat all of them fair and square on a very hilly and tough circuit at SAs in a final sprint ... The other Girls were overseas earning points for SA and NONE of them are in the team - Very unfair towards them I think. Minette is young and up-coming, but in my view she might be just another ?flush in the pan? like last time and it is very unfair towards these riders that gave-up SAs to earn points for SA. Minette would have NEVER achieved her result as SAs (4th) if the other Girls were here ? My view on who the logical common-sense team should have been is: Marissa, Yolandie, Ronel & Lynette ? Between these 4 riders we would have had 2 x sprinters, 2 x climbers and 2 x TTs ??<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />