Final team for worlds

Groot Lem

Well said Latrinus - straight from the mouth of someone who is in a position to know a whole lot more about the history of the sport and what really goes on than some of those airing apparently uninformed views! I'm with you on this one.

To all those who have so much negative stuff to say, get involved in the system and make a difference or, as the saying goes, FIFO.

And Latrinus, no, don't go the sainthood route - nobody would recognise you!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence but I do not follow cricket at all cause I dont like Bobby Skinstad so I cant comment on the rebel indian league' date=' sorry.
[/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOL nar!!Clown (...that's clown in the so-called dying language soutie!Wink)

We can bad mouth CSA and everybody surrounding but where is it going to bring us? Nowhere...! Let's just ride our bikes

well said chick!!!! I totally agree!Clap 

Cherise will not have to put up with all these politics a team in Europe or the States will sign her where she will make good money. She does not have to prove herself against a few favourites back home.

Jip...Cherise, at the age of 17, is already in a class of her own...she just has to keep up the way what she is doing now and she will be the star of SA for years to come. IMO if she still rides elite SA when she finnishes her junior year any selector would be stark raving mad to not send her to all the big events, because she has already proved that she can keep her own in there with the best! But only time will tell hey?...

Latrinus...dis duidelik dat dit nie JOU skuld is nie en dat jy niks daaraan kan verander nie. Almal soek nou net antwoorde en jy's in die ongelukkige posisie van iemand wat by CSA betrokke is en vir wie mense hier kan flame vir antwoorde.Thumbs%20Down Enige iemand wat dink dat hulle 'n beter job kan doen, moet maar gaan probeer. Good luck, jy doen 'n goeie job!Clap

I don't believe World's is a true climber's race. At that level a climb is much longer and if you look at the detailed profile these are not long climbs. I believe a power cyclist like Ronel could power up the short steep climbs comparitively well. SA's showed this in both the men's and women's race.

I would also have given serious consideration for Cherise to ride, subject to her being 18 and her form (a month after junior worlds). And for the TT what about our best chance there... Cashandra was selected for Vets but could still out TT any of the Elites.

The selection of Anriette, is I believe, a mistake. Her overseas results bear out my point. At Lost City (although I did not witness the race) it looked like another tea party which suits her down to the ground. Their time was 10 minutes slower than the U16 boys! Unfortunately Ronel was not there as I believe the race would have unfolded differently.

I am not happy to just go and ride my bicycle and leave the Nero to fiddle while Rome burns..... I have a personal interest in the future of (particularly) women's cycling in SA. One of my favourite gripes is the lack of time these demigods give our top athletes to prepare for such an event, and then feel that "their budget" has been wasted. I don't believe they really want them to succeed in events like this overseas.

One of the problems with cycling in SA is that the same people who run cycling for the licenced fraternity also run a fun ride out of which they do very well. What they regard as the interests of SA cycling includes the racing fraternity to the extent that they are represented in numerical terms at their fun ride.

I believe they are moving forward, but too slowly.   

Guys guys guys

..........................................Cycling in South Africa will always be a circus as long as you have the current system in place. Its a pitty that riders like Cherise Taylor are going to have their careers destroyed by a 200kg cycling selector who cant even balance themselves on a bicycle.

Well said mate!!Clap If Cherise had any brains she would do well and join the ranks of Kevin Pietersen, Irene van Dyk, Clyde Rathbone, Sarah Poewe, Greg Rawlinson etc etc etc. Then all the Castle Lager souffs can start their "unpatriotic" claptrap drivel!!! South African sport has never had the aptitude to recognize talent but rather little yes men/women and has the uncanny knack of shooting itself in the foot!!! The sad thing is that it was this way under the draconian NP and the dictatorial ANC. Cycling has always been rotten with politicians!!! Delgado2007-08-26 08:12:49

Guys and Girls - The facts are crystal clear and simple. Go the the official seeding in SA and you'll find the following -

1Van Wyk , RonelEliteF
2Burger , Lynette EliteF
3STANDER , MARISSAEliteF

This proves that Ronel is the TOP PERFORMING WOMENS CYCLIST currently in SA. Anriete is currently ranked 4'th in VETS !!! Make your own conclusions re her selection (Maybe becuase Alex - her manager - is one of the selectors ...?) 

Apart from that - Does a SA Champion not qualify by default to represent their country amongst other country champions at Worlds ...??? The ENTIRE world operates this way - BUT - it seems that SA don't ...???!!!

Guys, Guys,

Why bitch and moan about something that cannot be changed....NO SYSTEM IN THIS WORLD IS PERFECT!!!!!

Let's stop moaning and put the energy used to moan behind the riders and encourage them to do well.

Those riders wether men or women are under immense pressure to do well for our country and to perform to the best of their ability. ALL of you that are so fast to moan, why don;t you go and sit on the selectors board or for that matter become involved in the inner workings of CSA....

There is a lot of hard work going into selections like these!!!!

SO....in short....stop MOANING!!!

Well done to all the guys selected!!! We will be watching!!!

Shame Latrinus, don't just blame poor Colin - remember the k*k you got into at the track once for having an earring??? LOL Die skande!!! So come to think of it... maybe some things have changed and progressed slightly!? Confused still a way to go though... but with enough POSITIVE energy it can happen!

GoGirl - If you are a selector - Which I suspect you are ? Plse do yourself a favor and log-off ...! You have embarrassed yourself enough ...!!!

GoGirl - If you are a selector - Which I suspect you are ? Plse do yourself a favor and log-off ...! You have embarrassed yourself enough ...!!!

She is not hiding her identity?!! Anonymous posters like yourself are the idiots we have to deal with on a regular basis. In my opinion if you can't provide criticism under your real name you should rather shut up.

epoh2007-08-26 07:55:06

Apart from that - Does a SA Champion not qualify by default to represent their country amongst other country champions at Worlds ...??? The ENTIRE world operates this way - BUT - it seems that SA don't ...???!!!

Not so in to cycling I suspect many countries have left national champions or top ranked riders male /female at home.

Course/ form/ attitude/ race plan there is so much that can influence this.

And for all those who moan about Cherise she CAN'T ride she's a JUNIOR and no she can't swap licence.

All this stuff is in cycling 101

To all the ?Anon? supporters - Let me give you a quick lesson from the on-line user-guide:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

a) This is a Rant and Rave site, this implies that people can moan and groan here as much as they want and

b) This is a website developed for people to moan and groan anonymously - Why do you think we post under an Alias? ??

If you want to post more on the irrelevant ?Anon? topic, there is a topic ?Why Post Anon? -  so paste it there where it belongs?!

So lets get back to the subject at hand ? Words Team Selection

Hello Crux' date='

I hope the postings around the selections have shed some light on the topic?

Remember all, selectors are elected by yourselves, thru your clubs and provinces. The only way you can change them, is to change either the constitution, or to get involved in the election of selectors.

This animal runs like a government - so you could also learn to lobby, get involved with various workings, and eventually overthrow the things you do not like.

I work as an operations person, within CSA, trying to ensure that protocols are followed, and that operational excellence is striven towards....If I had any say in selection teams, you would have seen a different result, I am sure.

Wheels - moenie my uitkak nie - duidelik kry jy elke paar maande 'n kramp in jou gat oor my - soos ek kan sien wanneer ek gaan search. Jy is in die bevoorregte posisie dat jy weet wie ek is en jy kan aanploeter op die hub tot jou ultimate enjoyment - jy herinner my aan Colin Hofmann, wat al van die 1980's 'n stok in sy hol het oor my :)

Space uit - of kom help!

If anyone needs to complain about my posting, and my irresponsible use of language, please remember I am the same cyclist/hubber/potsmoker as always - BUT you would now prefer me to be a saint?

[/quote']All fair comment Latrinus but I watched the interview with you shortly after your appointment and you made a few commitments all relating to improving the communications from CSA.

I would assume that the selectors have a basis for making these selections so surely this should COMMUNICATED to the cycling public. At the moment everyone is "ranting & raving" based on assumptions because nobody really knows why Robbie Hunter and Ronel van Wyk were omitted.

What about issuing a formal statement?

And for all those who moan about Cherise she CAN'T ride she's a JUNIOR and no she can't swap licence.

I think most of us were actually talking about if the selectors will choose Cherise when she TURNS elite and it is time for Worlds, not now. It would be very unfair to expect so much from such a young rider if you send her to Elite worlds while she's still junior...and then subject her to all the critics if she does or does not perform. And i really don't think that UCI will let the 2nd Junior compete for another medal in another category!

Chereise's manager wanted her to go to elite worlds this year. Hunter didnt want to ride, and Ronel is not the best rider in the world. I really dont know why people get so excited. I really think they picked a good team, people are going on as the whole team is wrong.

Why isnt anyone moaning that , for example Hanco is not going in place of Nolan at u23. I think Hanco COULD go better on a hard hilly circuit than Nolan. But Hanco, his fans are acting like adults about it. Or anyone else that feel they were treated unfairly. But WHY if its about girl selection or racing you people are carrying on like this is the most important thing in the world. Have you people looked at the profile of the worlds course, seker nie...

I wonder if Malcolm, Hanco,pietie, Kosie en Klasie nou ook gaan resign en retire.