Final team for worlds

Groot Lem

Good team you have put together D. Only wish Hein Kroff and other baboons wake up. How can this happen? Woman cycling is just beginning to pick up this year....what the hell were they thinking! Come on girls... lets get citizenship for other country....clearly they are forcing us!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone may have his own opinion. I'm sure it goes just like this on the rugby , cricket and other sites. Blou Bulle wants to know why Derek Hougaard is not in team. I want to know why Luke Watson, Jacques Kallis is not in teams. But i dont think the circuit suites Ronel. And to take sprinters is stupid if they get dropped on a hard circuit.

But every sport has its armchair critics.

If you guys all paid licence fees, the team could've been bigger. My opinion would be 2 girls only.

And regarding Perry, he is a back up for TT, and he is in Europe, so its very cheap to include him. Yes, money makes a difference, and if you have 2 riders of similar abilities, youll send the person that is there allready.

Fire you are in the fire line . Maybe you are one of the baboons. Hein Kroff is not a national road selector but a track one. Do you no what the deffirent is between Track and Road?

Groot Lem. Is that how they are selecting a National tea. Be in Europe and get selected because the federation safe money. How cheap can we make our sport if that is the case.

Pardon my ignorance but if "systems" were put in place to select the best rider for the job, would that not imply some form of Ranking System depending on race type which elimates personal bias.

All Pro/Eliite Riders get ranked by races ridden, result and a race weighting dependant on degree of difficulty of race - Not just performance at SA's. 

If the World's course demands climbers, you provide greater weight to Races with serious climbs and re-rank - select top riders as per new ranking. If course is flat and fast with sprint finish, you provide greater weight to races that are fast and flat, then re-rank riders and select top riders as per new ranking.

The only decision left would then be whether this would be a go it alone effort or a team effort? 

only problem race organisers is too scared to have a course over serious clims because it wil detract from the number of fun ridersAngry

I think its the selectors that need the knowledge gaining. This makes winning SA's worthless. Ronel feels she was up to it, it just seems someone in the CSA circus has it in for her, i recall the SA track champs she was hard done by now this.  

Guest colonel

Maybe she has burnt a bridge somewhere or maybe they think she wont handle the climbs being a sprinter. But my quesiton is:

Why did she resign? Seems like she has cut her nose off to spite her face? What is she going to do now??

Colonel.... Do you know her, if not then rather be quiet!

She's had flippen good results this year so far, and maybe she aimed for worlds,

And bro, she's got a business, and dont just cycle!!!

colonel, are you asking the same about the SA cricketers who have resigned and are going to the rebel indian league??? ronel can make more money from her business (we all know there isn't money to be made in SA cycling) so the sacrifice she keeps making for the good of SA cycling is clearly not worth it anymore.

no matter what i feel very strongly that the "selectors" have #$%^&*ed up big time. they have proven that they are not selectors, but a buddy-buddy club.

So all this moaning is about one girl that wasnt selected?? Why does girl stuff have 10 times more people moaning than guy stuff.

Ronel did burn a few bridges last week after Zoo Lake, but thats no reason not to pick her if she's good enough.

Rankings: I see on national seeding in 4th place vets 30-34 is Robert Hunter. Great idea!!