Final team for worlds

Groot Lem

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

p.s. no one has answered GL questions about whether the course suites the lady who was left out. Does anyone here actually KNOW the circuit ??

I undestand she may feel like she's up to it but that's a totaly different thing all together.

http://neu.radwm2007.de/filerepository/Td8gpeFt8vvCsmLJNVtr.jpg

http://www.radwm2007.com/filerepository/LE3RdfcaAdf4YJq53ffr.jpg

http://www.radwm2007.com/filerepository/yZwh35nLGEzywGUE2wHw.jpg

Women (Saturday, 29.9.2007)
7 laps ? 133.7 km - altitude: 2839,9m

Looking at the posted course description the team selection is actually fairly accurate.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Minette and Marissa. are the only two of the four riders that have any chance in getting over the hills with the European girls. Yolandi, even though she had a fair season in Europe and is very skilled would not last on a course like that climbing is simply not her plus point, and even though Anriette has the potential to be up there with the best has never in her career proved that she?s got the head to race at the front of the bunch when it gets dangerous, she simply does not have the balls, but lets hope she?ll prove me wrong this time. Lets just be honest here Ronel( probably one of the nicest most likeable people you would ever meet) wouldn?t make it over that kind of  course either.

Unless you have ever seen at what pace the European races are raced at you couldn?t even conceive what an effort it takes to simply stay in the race dangling at the very back.

Even though these 4 selected girls have some time to prepare for WC it?s simply not enough to get their level up to the standard it should be. You simply can?t be racing all year with the hand full of woman in South-Africa and then expect to go take on the world

Guest colonel
Colonel.... Do you know her' date=' if not then rather be quiet!

She's had flippen good results this year so far, and maybe she aimed for worlds,

And bro, she's got a business, and dont just cycle!!!
[/quote']

HAHA joker why be quite and what does knowing her have anything to do with this?? Yes her results have been good but by the looks of the profile it does not suite her, GL and others have said so aswell she isnt a climber and by the sounds of things like I said in my post she has burnt a bridge.

Im sure alot of riders aimed for worlds this year and never got it..........

And, Im not your Bro you homey and I know she has a business, oh flip does that mean I know her??

Guest colonel
colonel' date=' are you asking the same about the SA cricketers who have resigned and are going to the rebel indian league??? ronel can make more money from her business (we all know there isn't money to be made in SA cycling) so the sacrifice she keeps making for the good of SA cycling is clearly not worth it anymore.[/quote']

No offence but I do not follow cricket at all cause I dont like Bobby Skinstad so I cant comment on the rebel indian league, sorry.

What is she going to do now??

I know she has a business' date=' oh flip does that mean I know her??
[/quote']

You confusing yourself buddy!

Guys guys guys

Its a pitty that Ronel hasn't made the team but the decision has been made and thats it. There is no way of changing the minds of the Selectors. They have their own agenda adn for the last 20 years I have been unable to work out what their motives are.

Selection of teams has always been a royal f**kup in this country. That is what happens when you have people that know absolutely nothing about cycling running the sport. Unfortunately that is the current situation at CSA and nobody is going to be able to change that in the near future.

There comes a time in every top level athletes career when the system just works totaly against them due to the hidden agenda's by those who have the power and control. Manriette Schoeman has been sent to so many World champs and has proiven every time to be well below standard. Why then has she continuously been selected for Worlds and Olympics. Ronel has clearly outclassed her this season but is also obviously out of favour with CSA at the moment.

As for Robert, I am not to sure he actually wanted to go to worlds this year. I am certain not even the Retards who slect the national teams would leave him out for any other reason but his own decision not to be selected. (Saying that, I have seen stranger things happen).

Cycling in South Africa will always be a circus as long as you have the current system in place. Its a pitty that riders like Cherise Taylor are going to have their careers destroyed by a 200kg cycling selector who cant even balance themselves on a bicycle.

My bet (And I hope they prove me wrong), Manriette will puncture, crash or sit at the back of the bunch the whole day along with the rest of the ladies team. If they do make it to the finish they will get hammered anyway.

We can bad mouth CSA and everybody surrounding but where is it going to bring us? Nowhere...! Let's say stuff like...hey guys, good selection and giving them polite comments,because clearly, swearing at them does not work! Ag,I dont know. Let's just ride our bikes

Guest colonel

What is she going to do now??

I know she has a business' date=' oh flip does that mean I know her??
[/quote']

You confusing yourself buddy!
[/quote

No I was implying is she done with cycling or is she going to cycle as a "privateer" and not in a team?

We can bad mouth CSA and everybody surrounding but where is it going to bring us? Nowhere...! Let's say stuff like...hey guys' date=' good selection and giving them polite comments,because clearly, swearing at them does not work! Ag,I dont know. Let's just ride our bikes[/quote']

I could not agree with you more.

Get on your bike, ride it as well as you can, meet some cool people and get back home in one piece.

Screw everything else.

Cherise will not have to put up with all these politics a team in Europe or the States will sign her where she will make good money. She does not have to prove herself against a few favourites back home.

This is an absolute OUTRAGE!!!!!!

Latrinus' date=' what is going on here????
[/quote']

Hello Crux,

I hope the postings around the selections have shed some light on the topic?

Remember all, selectors are elected by yourselves, thru your clubs and provinces. The only way you can change them, is to change either the constitution, or to get involved in the election of selectors.

This animal runs like a government - so you could also learn to lobby, get involved with various workings, and eventually overthrow the things you do not like.

I work as an operations person, within CSA, trying to ensure that protocols are followed, and that operational excellence is striven towards....If I had any say in selection teams, you would have seen a different result, I am sure.

Wheels - moenie my uitkak nie - duidelik kry jy elke paar maande 'n kramp in jou gat oor my - soos ek kan sien wanneer ek gaan search. Jy is in die bevoorregte posisie dat jy weet wie ek is en jy kan aanploeter op die hub tot jou ultimate enjoyment - jy herinner my aan Colin Hofmann, wat al van die 1980's 'n stok in sy hol het oor my :)

Space uit - of kom help!

If anyone needs to complain about my posting, and my irresponsible use of language, please remember I am the same cyclist/hubber/potsmoker as always - BUT you would now prefer me to be a saint?

latrinus emmer2007-08-26 04:23:02