teachers strike???

Omlette

My parents and I came to RSA 26 years ago. Why? My dad was an electrician on the mines there and they had a hug strike in 84/85. My dad had a family to look after, a house to pay for etc. My dad was a 'scab' because he just wanted to work and put food on the tabl, he is no fool and did not want to be part of the unions. He wound up getting an interview with the company Gencor and then after a few months of paperwork etc we arrived in RSA. What happened to the mines etc? Well eventually they went back to wok but the Government had had enough and decided it was easier and cheaper to just import coal, hence even more mines closed down. Now when I hear or see unions I know that in the long run their ideals are short sighted and the only people to suffer at the end of the day will be the ignorant union members. South Africa now has a huge problem controlling the unions and I fully believe the worst has to pass before we can forge on and return to productivity. My argument with the teachers is are you not supposed to be doing this because you love teaching (and nurses etc, public servants), while I believe everyone should have a liveable wage, if you wanted to make money why did you not become a lawyer, CA, doctor etc? I shudder at what the Matric pass rate will be this year!

Well said. It makes me sick that these unions do what they do. Its why they got rid of them in certain countries.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is when we need the community to stand together, soon as these F@#kers arrive at our kids school we should be there to take them out!!!!

How can one entrust their children in the hands of these animals!!! All they are teaching now is racism, hatred and violence.

I have come to a conclusion, they “toi toi” partially because of the money, the main reason is so they can run around for days wielding sticks and weapons, destroying trees, buildings, littering the streets….

What kind of “human” would intimidate children to get their point across?

In plain English they love violence and destruction, and yes I blame the government as well for allowing the unions to get away with this sort of actions

Funnily enough I was reading on Wiki about the instigator of the Miner's strike (I was but a pup back in 84!), Arthur Scargil, strangely enough he was a member of the Young Communists League!

This is when we need the community to stand together, soon as these F@#kers arrive at our kids school we should be there to take them out!!!!

These f.ckers can destroy and pillage and the police will just stand and look on and do nothing, but just touch one of them and you'll get your a.s thrown in jail on assault charges so quickly your head will spin. Oh yes, and a charge of racism...

These f.ckers can destroy and pillage and the police will just stand and look on and do nothing, but just touch one of them and you'll get your a.s thrown in jail on assault charges so quickly your head will spin. Oh yes, and a charge of racism...

Why would it be racist if you did something? Wouldnt it just be assault?

Hi,

This is sad, but what makes me MAD is the fact that all the announcements made from government say that intimidation will not be allowed and strong action will be taken if present. They are doing nothing about it and in my mind that means that they either support it or have no control of the country.

Regards

Sarge

You probably correct, but are we going to have to hide our children and ourselves every few months while they go on a rampage??

And every time they get their way, I understand the mobs action in Lens even more now

woke up with the same sentiments this morning, that maybe we as the rest of the hardworking south africans, should stand up against this barbarism.

the moment you identify one of these idiots vandalising some property or being imtimidating, then the unions are quick to say that the oke is probably not part of the union or that it is not the intention of the strike. But the same things happen for every strike.

who gives the right to any of these idiots to prevent my child from attending school, or even a hospital. i pay the schools fees, my medical aid, not the union nor the govnmt.

Yes, sure, its a given. The finance has to come from somewhere and government gets its money from us.

Wondering when they're gonna realise that 5million cannot carry 45million...

So I arrived at work to be told I have to park on the school field so that they cannot tell there are people at the school, and we have been threatened that we better close tomorrow or else... What is this country coming to??? We run a PRIVATE Grade R facility on a public school's property and now we have to warn parents that for their child's safety, they should be kept at home tomorrow, Monday and Thursday! Fire the lot of them!!!

How can one entrust their children in the hands of these animals!!! All they are teaching now is racism, hatred and violence.

I have come to a conclusion, they “toi toi” partially because of the money, the main reason is so they can run around for days wielding sticks and weapons, destroying trees, buildings, littering the streets….

What kind of “human” would intimidate children to get their point across?

I concur fully.

These days strikes are LESS about money and working conditions and more about violence, intimidation, and a way of "legally" destroying other peoples infrastructure and assets in the name of the cause.

Many years ago I was in NEW YORK and there was a protest in the main street,mostly, people were blocking traffic and there was NO violence, but the police arrived on horseback and gave the protesters an ultimatum, move in 10 minutes or we will disperse you.

They didnt move, so the police waded into them with batons and horses - 5 minutes later they were gone, it was over and life carried on.

We need those cops here, far too much buddy,buddy to the cause with cops here.

Why would it be racist if you did something? Wouldnt it just be assault?

Because I'm white... Surprised you had to ask that question?

I see this as having two sides. To make the government listen they must strike!! BUT respect those that don't want to strike.

I'm sure most of you here earns at least double of what teachers with 10 + years expeirience earn.

I have a lot of teacher friends as well as family that are teachers. Yes teaching is a calling but those people need to live as well. It is shocking to hear what these teacher's salaries are. Then you can see why the schools loose real good teachers.

Who of you will tolerate some of these hooligans that teachers have to teach for that salary? Some of the children in school don't have any manners or respect for teachers, and then the teachers are not allowed to do anything to the poor innocent souls.

What is a basic teachers salary for intrest sake? Anyone know?

In the school news letter yesterday it said R7,000 after deductions...