teachers strike???

Omlette

Listening to 702, reported that Wordsworth were attacked invaded occupied and a primary school soon after, spokesperson for the mob group said that it should not be seen as a form of intimidation but rather as persuading others to join them.

About as subtle as an outhouse bucket at a wedding.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SAHRC only reacts when a complaint is made to it. It does not exist to make social commentary.

Even then Holy they react dependent on the type of complaint. I have absolutely no respect for them or human "rights" for that matter!!

Listening to 702, reported that Wordsworth were attacked invaded occupied and a primary school soon after, spokesperson for the mob group said that it should not be seen as a form of intimidation but rather as persuading others to join them.

My old school, if it is anything like it was when i was there those students will retaliate!!!

it is CRAZY that the "people" are getting away with this

Not to worry everyone, just fly those SWC flags and blow that vuvuzela three times!! Good thing we did not spend billions on pointless stadiums!

So a baseball bat against the head shouldn't be seen as assult with the intent to seriously **** him up, it should be seen as a way of persuading him to get the **** out of my school?

And then afterwards lets see if they will be allowed treatment

Even then Holy they react dependent on the type of complaint. I have absolutely no respect for them or human "rights" for that matter!!

It's not the most efficient of institutions. I did a story about a plan in Benoni to round up and photograph and fingerprint streetchildren. While the people who planned this claimed to have "noble intentions" I wondered about the rights of the children. I phoned loads of people to enquire about this. The HRC couldn't say what rights these kids had, or weren't prepared to unless a complaint was laid. Streetchildren didn;t get much sympathy at the time, so the HRC took my newspaper report as a "complaint".

Spot the error (or should it be error the spot)

Shouldn't be a problem. If you're that green pointy eared guy from Star Wars... :rolleyes:

702 reports that they are trying to force their way into Springs High and that the teachers on the premsises have locked themselves in. Sound like a case of Trespassing, damage to property, intimidation, assault etc.

What are the police doing ?? Standing by and monitoring, nice to know one can always count on them.

702 reports that they are trying to force their way into Springs High and that the teachers on the premsises have locked themselves in. Sound like a case of Trespassing, damage to property, intimidation, assault etc.

What are the police doing ?? Standing by and monitoring, nice to know one can always count on them.

Well, when you have a government who is in bed with the unions for votes, and a police force sympathetic to the cause, what can you expect.?

I heard on 702 that at Wordsworth this morning police were ASSISTING THE STRIKERS to remove teachers who wanted to work.

Blocking hospital entrances, picketing in hospital wards, forceably removing people who want to work, preventing people from getting medical assistance, intimidating students, destroying property that my tax dollar paid for.....and,and,and....are all punishable offences by law, yet the police and the government are not enforcing anything....why.?

Revert to my first paragraph.!

Just heard on the radio that the courts that were in place for the world cup to deal with problems on the spot are going to come online ago and the government wheels are turning slowly to stop to hooliganism and voilence.

Puncture Girl, perhaps I did not make my opinion on private schools clear so please allow me a few lines to clarify.

Private schools have something in common with government schools: some are good and some are not. By citing my example it was probably skewed to show I have an issue with all private schools. Sorry.

No worries, there good and bad on both sides. Government and Private.

Mich

I am with you 100 %

Your boy must be in Christ Church, awesome school and Dave is an awesome person to have as principal.

Mi kiddies are in Summerhill, it hurts us and it's basically what we work for, I will often spend extra late nights just to be able to get the cash together to keep my kids there, and it's by no means one of the expensive private schools in our area.

Hi Dangle,

Not Christ Church although I've only heard good things about them. We're at Jubilate Primary School - a teeny school in Crowthorne :) Jubilate do however allow learners from different faiths/religions to join. As to when we have to go the high school route - well I try not to think about it to much. Not too many options in Midrand.

Mich

Hi Dangle,

Not Christ Church although I've only heard good things about them. We're at Jubilate Primary School - a teeny school in Crowthorne :) Jubilate do however allow learners from different faiths/religions to join. As to when we have to go the high school route - well I try not to think about it to much. Not too many options in Midrand.

Mich

I know the Jubilate school, cycle past there often.

Summerhill is adding on a High school.