Solomons

Hamster

What do you guys think of Solomons PTA and Woodmead how do you guys rate there service and the shop on a whole?

service is not too bad if they are quiet i guess(Pta) but the can be expensive on some stuff hay!

Never been to the Pta branch but often buy from the Woodmead branch.

Never had a problem & I like the shop but my credit card doesn't.

Also only visited Woodmead.

Real cycling shop and normally quite competitively priced - sales are great!!

I have found Woodmead to be very helpfull. Had a couple of MTB's serviced there a couple of weeks ago which I was happy with.

Don't like to diss anyone unnecessarily but have to say that I got bad after sales service from Woodmead with a factory fault on a SRAM X9 RD I got from them, they did not sort it or me out :( and I wont be going back.

I been in retail for 25 years, dealt with all kinds of customer problems - what we have learnt, sometimes the hard way, sort the customer out, make a compromise if necessary. Only when they are being completely impossible or unreasonable do you take a hard line.

I got excellent service from CRC with the same problem on another X9 RD I got from them. They sent me a voucher, no fuss and no follow up needed. Solomons kept me on a string for +6 weeks, never once called me, I always got the response from them I was being a pain in the butt, eventually I had to go and collect it after they told me it didn't have problem. Called Cape Cycles, they said yes there was a batch problem but I had to go through a bike shop to get it back to them, so I tried that via LBS I have had a long term relationship with, still waiting tho (been away).

I can't say I have had any complaints although I have only been dealing with them for 6 months. Reasonably priced but not always the cheapest.

Had a couple of dealings with them, sales yes service no.

Same as Cajees as far as pricing goes dont pay what's listed. I've got items cheaper than CWC advertised.

Had dealing with both stores and no complaints.

Was a bit cheesed off once when I bought a few Maxxis crossmarks ust tyres only to find they reduced the price considerably the next week.

You have to know your prices though and bargain with them.

Bargain boxes often have nice goodies in them at PTA store.

Don't like to diss anyone unnecessarily but have to say that I got bad after sales service from Woodmead with a factory fault on a SRAM X9 RD I got from them, they did not sort it or me out :( and I wont be going back.

I been in retail for 25 years, dealt with all kinds of customer problems - what we have learnt, sometimes the hard way, sort the customer out, make a compromise if necessary. Only when they are being completely impossible or unreasonable do you take a hard line.

I got excellent service from CRC with the same problem on another X9 RD I got from them. They sent me a voucher, no fuss and no follow up needed. Solomons kept me on a string for +6 weeks, never once called me, I always got the response from them I was being a pain in the butt, eventually I had to go and collect it after they told me it didn't have problem. Called Cape Cycles, they said yes there was a batch problem but I had to go through a bike shop to get it back to them, so I tried that via LBS I have had a long term relationship with, still waiting tho (been away).

Seems service in this country is going downhill quickly.

If you in the area you should try Linden Cycles they are also great.

Don't know if they can help with your current problem but I've found them very helpful.

I take my bikes to Linden for services and I'm very happy.

I have dealt with Aktar at Woodmead on several occassions.

1. Purchased my Tri bike at an awesome price.

2. Purchased many smaller items from them at very reasonable prices.

3. Took my gf's road bike for setup (purchased on the Hub). They swapped her seatpost for a shorter one at no charge. Did setup at no charge. We did buy a few things but they still spent a good 45 mins at no charge.

4. Purchased some gloves, stitching failed after two rides, manufacturers fault. Swapped out, no questions asked.

They are always friendly.

Solomons is a very good business to deal with.

I've only used Woodmead and have been impressed with price and service. The only let down I've had was a supplier problem and not the store. Of all the LBS's in this area I go there first.

clearly woodmead seems beter than Pta... for cyling that is, havnt been to woodmead myself, is it the same store setup as Pta? anyone?

Also impressed with service and pricing. The guys always try to make a plan when you need something they dont have in stock.

I broke my derailer hanger 4 days before a tour to Durban - they managed to find me a compatible replacement in 24hrs when most other stores turned me away.

From what I have heard WM is a more modern store focused only on cycling..

clearly woodmead seems beter than Pta... for cyling that is, havnt been to woodmead myself, is it the same store setup as Pta? anyone?

If you are looking for fishing tackle or wall clocks - Woodmead don't have!

Their shop is quite a bit smaller than the bike section in the Pta store so they do not carry that much stock - but they are very helpful.