Parlotones

Icepick

I went to evoid live in a club in CT a number of times

What a rave.

Hawk in the Chelsea Underground was also excellent

As far as the Parlotones go,I dont really care....dont like their music,but then again not everyone likes mine.Does not mean they are no good.

I like Frank Zappa,Captain Beefheart and anything seriously heavy.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed, they are frigging boring, Kahn or whatever he calls himself seems quite a nice dude but the band sucks, kudo's to them for getting so far but S.A. has far better talent than them.

Time for a rounder and a barrel.

Parlotones

S U C K

"There music makes my ears bleed" as Ralph Wiggum once said

Wiggum, a celebrity in his own right and he appears so seldom, he is almost like a living/drawn urban legend :lol:

Via Afrika. Hey Boy! Asylum Kids, fight it with your mind. The Helicopters, from Vereeniging, Yeah!

I was already getting old when they were a hit :lol:

Exactly and that is what annoys me, if we cross borders and listen to someone like Spoon, Shearwater and Band of horses, then one can understand how music can be artistry.

Sorry for the hijack fellas' I am a sucker for all things music.

Band of Horses. Now we are talking. You should give The Editors and Muse a listen too. As for the local acts: Prime Circle & Seether is the business. I also enjoyed Arapaho from DBN. Whatever happened to them? O ja, forgot to add Aking, FPK & Heuwels Fantasties.

Band of Horses. Now we are talking. You should give The Editors and Muse a listen too. As for the local acts: Prime Circle & Seether is the business. I also enjoyed Arapaho from DBN. Whatever happened to them? O ja, forgot to add Aking, FPK & Heuwels Fantasties.

Arapaho - I was talking about them the other day - I think they got too old. They were alright, having recently come back from living in London for 10 years, Im finding it very difficult to get into SA music - There are definatly some good groups around, just wish they would get more exposure instead of the shite being shoved down our throats by the radio stations - They need an independent radio station in SA that will get the guys/girls/bands more exposed. This Idols rubbish is bad for music on a whole(maybe good for kids only). What happened to Barney Simon? "they're comin through the doors" :lol:

The Editors are good, Muse are so, so for me.

I also enjoy Okkervil River.

Just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMFWFhTFohk&ob=av2e

Arapaho - I was talking about them the other day - I think they got too old. They were alright, having recently come back from living in London for 10 years, Im finding it very difficult to get into SA music - There are definatly some good groups around, just wish they would get more exposure instead of the shite being shoved down our throats by the radio stations - They need an independent radio station in SA that will get the guys/girls/bands more exposed. This Idols rubbish is bad for music on a whole(maybe good for kids only). What happened to Barney Simon? "they're comin through the doors" :lol:

Who could ever forget that :lol: :lol:

Here is a true artist to music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62i9Sodwp5o

As for Barney Simon. What a true example of that everybody has to work for the man. Years ago he was the perfect example of independence and standing up for oneself and rebelling against the corporate machine whilst introducing bands at The Station in DBN wearing stove pipe jeans, Doc Maartens drinking Zamaleks out of the old 375ml bottles... Nowadays he is playing easy listening tunes and Nicholas Louw on Jacaranda...