Parlotones

Icepick

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And just to piss you all off

Not at all. I'm not a fan of their music, but they've done well. They're going places. As I said in a previous post...

NB If any of you put a pic with yourself and Bono here, consider it the start of WWIII.

Anyone remember Lithium and Squeal? Man, those were the days!

now you're bringing back memories.... I saw a lot of lithium and nude girls gigs live way back when

good times

now you're bringing back memories.... I saw a lot of lithium and nude girls gigs live way back when

good times

Long pig by Squeal! Epic song!

Sell outs - advertising for KFC what kind of band/artist with any integrity would do that. :huh:

I don't get this statement. So the only "real" bands are the ones that cruise round in screwed up old panel vans, set up their own equipment and survive on bread & water?

So they made some money and promoted the Parlotones brand - whats wrong with that? The Giant Mistake wine was pretty good...

I took the wife to 5 gigs in London to watch the Nudies - they still rock. Even though Arno has gone a bit funny.

I took the wife to 5 gigs in London to watch the Nudies - they still rock. Even though Arno has gone a bit funny.

Ahhhh Springbok Nude Girls when they opened for Offspring at the dome. Good times....

LOL Luke...now thats 2 very different cultures

Clout and Die Antwoord

Yep, I remember the first time I realised Clout were South African, must have been about 7 or 8.. and being impressed that a South African group was pretty well known around the world. Substitute is a great song.

I love that Die Antwoord have almost leapfrogged the whole system of making it 'in the overseas' by just doing some batshit crazy stuff and getting themselves noticed online. They are both totally out there and talented with it. Waddy has been making sick music for years now, with Max Normal and a bunch of other groups. Like he says in the interview - 'an overnight success 20 years in the making'.

now that we are reminiscing ... there was lot of original and very vibrant music going down in the 80's, many have been mentioned

but how about doing the lurch with the Cherry Faced Lurchers, typically at Jamesons lol, they defined that era for a lot of us.

And many others, Mapantsula .....

eVoid went off to London, I think they are still playing their original act at some SA pub in Shepard's Bush tp Castle-swilling Saffas

Yep, I remember the first time I realised Clout were South African, must have been about 7 or 8.. and being impressed that a South African group was pretty well known around the world. Substitute is a great song.

I love that Die Antwoord have almost leapfrogged the whole system of making it 'in the overseas' by just doing some batshit crazy stuff and getting themselves noticed online. They are both totally out there and talented with it. Waddy has been making sick music for years now, with Max Normal and a bunch of other groups. Like he says in the interview - 'an overnight success 20 years in the making'.

My cousin went to go see Die Antwoord in Cardiff (yes he's Welsh)a couple of weeks ago and said that they rocked.

He's also a fan of Jack Parow, even though he can't understand it. (A little bit like Goldie Looking Chain)