MSC Spring Classic - dissapointed

Haga

All in all, i'm glad I chose to rather go orienteering in the morning, and then did a sprint down and up the Spruit to get back to the car before the gates were locked!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno what all you people are complianing about, the only thing that ever counts in the race is the feeling of joy when you cross the finish line, knowing that you gave it your best.

So what if it was expensive. if it was, you shouldnt enter. who cares about water bottle and T-shirts, even though they were nice, thats not what makes the race.

what can you actually buy with R120 that is that satisfying?

even though i took forever to finish, i will do it again, with or without the bottle's and T-Shirts.

I seem to think that most people who commented here (including myself) did say they enjoyed it but gave some constructive criticism but ja whateva!

I am seriously thinking of getting into studying human nature

If I have something to complain about from yesterday is the fact that i lacked the killer instinct and took it relatively easy

We ALL knew where the race would be - so yes a boring place but we still entered so why complain

We ALL paid the same fee (except if you waited til the last moment) - so you knew it is a 40km race at a boring place

No one held a gun to your head when logging onto entrytime and told you you must enter so do what that head of yours tell you - if you think it's a rip off DON'T enter

The start was a bit of a mess but I had time to exchange lovable comments about my bike with BB and have a chat with my mates and what not

The shirts are really cool. I will not go and say the coolest one I have ever gotten but they do take second place Wink

I think lots of people were disappointed when the starts were divided as a lot of new or not so experienced riders expected to ride the race with their friend/better half/kids or whatever

I cannot for the life of me understand why some people push right in front of the pack to be dropped on the hill 2km later.......Come on people you know how you do in races so why be an obstruction to someone who might get a chance to finish well??? When I started out I would stand at the back of the bunch and fight my way through as I knew I have no chance in hell in getting anywhere. Or am I the one that has a bit of a dented view on this topic?

Or a guy trying to push through on a path where it is obvious that there is no where to go and yet he wants people to move aside??? And then the ultimate question from yesterday........Did you overtake me??? No grandpa I teleported myself infront of you with my magic powers........Oh now being overtaken by a girl is a real shame in some guys books it seems.......

oh and I forgot.......

the medal thing......we got something at least and it wasn't a dead finish

Induna for me was super disappointing as there was NOTHING at the end

I would have liked a keyring even....

And this particular keyring is on my keys already....it is something that I am actually using

The rest of my medals are on my shelf but I can imagine in a few years how all of them would be a dust collecting pile than rather the pride pile of the moment....

So be grateful that people acknowledged you doing and finishing a race....

eish, bg, you can teleport yourself?! can you teach me how? i need to get a new id and you know what the queues at home affairs are like

BG - How did you know I'm gonna be a grandpa Shocked

Are you really? Tongue

And I wasn't talking about you in this instance since I never did glance at a red specialized kit anwhere in front of me :)

Some guy asked me if I had overtaken him. I was like well lets see....started after you and my @ss is now ahead of you....conclusions? yes i did overtake you

"Oh you must be flying" he says......"Not really there's a heap of girls ahead"....."Yeah that is the worrying thing" he says....

bored girl2007-09-03 04:46:28