MSC Spring Classic - dissapointed

Haga

Hey Crux - one of these days hopefully I'll actually meet you at a race!
Eishhh... difficult NOT to miss me... Ek's die GROOT ou saam die TCS girls...LOL

Sal verseker nice wees om te ontmoet...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eishhh... difficult NOT to miss me... Ek's die GROOT ou saam die TCS girls...LOL

So how was the Northern Farm stampede.... considering we did not crack the nod to Secunda?

So how was the Northern Farm stampede.... considering we did not crack the nod to Secunda?
Was very nice!!! from my VIEWpoint of course....Big%20smile

Secunda?What happened in Secunda??Did I miss the mail??Confused

Dunno? Apparently there was a race? Cry

That can't be!!Your info must be wrong,I am sure I would have been invited!!

Secunda?What happened in Secunda??Did I miss the mail??Confused

Dunno? Apparently there was a race? Cry

That can't be!!Your info must be wrong' date='I am sure I would have been invited!!
[/quote']

Thought its me or the fact that I ride SRAM?Embarrassed

I guess there were no medals because there are no results ............... or have I missed something.

A lot of people have asked, but no one has said where we can find results and I just phoned MSC but they aren't answering their phone!!

Always wanted to say......been there, done that, got the T shirt!LOLLOLLOL

Tee's look frikken awesome, well done to the organisers, about the gu's no one said you had to throw them on the ground, (i keep mine in my shirt till i get home) did anyone even see if the used ones were collected and picked up after the race? They normally cost about 15 bucks, so R30 after two laps saved as apposed to the R10 coke........ Just a thought, maybe they picked them up (hopefully). I thought it was pretty cool to get a gu well done "Fast fuel"

Sure the organisation wasnt great , but hey, every race i have ever done has some story of bad organisation, lets stop complaining about medals, botlles, t;shirts ect....and enjoy! Those who complained, about the race will probably be there again next year, and year after next and still complain bitterly, and when everything runs smoothly, they will complain about nothing to complain about..........

-Bigben, sorry man! Wont try that again......

Well for my part is was a good race. The route was clearly marked and fun. Having spent many hours riding the farm, it was refreshing to see how they cut a new and somewhat interesting race trail.

Pre entry was simple.

Registration was fast and easy - got the small fox shirt I ordered (amazing), waterbottle was cool. Found my start group easy enough, choked on plenty of dust throughout the race. Didnt need the water or gu's - had my own (as with all races I do)

My Commencal worked great as usual - it was really nice to meet the team racers, Marais and Raynard before and after - great guys, and Jean-Luc had nice free cold cokes and beers for anyone who was thirsty at the Commencal Gazebo. Next race go visit them.  

Also nice to see was the large amount of Mugg & Beaners riding and having fun, well done chaps.

Funny things I noticed: - riding through the stream on the concrete weir - the guy I passed must have thought he was hit by a tsunami.

Also the people who portaged aroung the mud and tiny drop off, ITS MTB RACING! RIDE THROUGH, GET DIRTY, and have fun!

Medal keyring goes into the scrapbook, along with my race number.

Nice hot spring day out!
Rude2007-09-03 23:38:39