MSC Spring Classic - dissapointed

Haga

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i must say, i did enjoy the race.

It was dry, hot and very dusty but really really fun.

It was not too easy and took a lot to push thruogh all the loose sand.

loved the single tracks and the drop off into the tunnel.

saw quite a few hubbers which was great.

Thanks all!! it was great!

Apart from the race start where you could not hear a thing, I think the race was well managed, ok I started right in the front, so had very little traffic, the 2nd lap was abit of a balls up regarding traffic, but...I have had worse other other races. The t-shirt is cool ;) The medal..if you want to call it that...sucks a little but, that's ok. Really enjoyed the race until the 2nd lap where I got 2 punctures, and ran out of tubes and airbombs, shot for the pump Sonic!

Will do the race next year....but with stans in my tyres ;)

i had a great time, it was balls to the wall for the 2 laps, felt quite sick afterwards due to all the dust but i think it was a lot of fun, anyone know where you can get the results?

I don't know if you can call feeling like you're dying fun, but let's say I had fun. I was probably the unfittest person there! I don't know why people complain about not getting a medal. I never even take a medal as I don't have anything to do with it. That's just my opinion. What I did have a problem with was the fact that I didn't get a single glass of Powerade. I desperately needed it on the second lap and at the end. The coke (thanks IanJ, Sonic, whoever) was a life saver.

The T-shirt is cool. I'm glad I entered early. They should deffinitely limit the entries to prevent the stampede and lack of PoweradeAngry, T-shirts and water bottles.

i forgot to mention thanks to the TCS rider for giving me track, i was the guy wearing the datapro kit.....

I don't know if you can call feeling like you're dying fun' date=' but let's say I had fun. I was probably the unfittest person there! I don't know why people complain about not getting a medal. I never even take a medal as I don't have anything to do with it. That's just my opinion. What I did have a problem with was the fact that I didn't get a single glass of Powerade. I desperately needed it on the second lap and at the end. The coke (thanks IanJ, Sonic, whoever) was a life saver.

The T-shirt is cool. I'm glad I entered early. They should deffinitely limit the entries to prevent the stampede and lack of PoweradeAngry, T-shirts and water bottles.
[/quote']

LizzyB and I also needed that Powerade on the second lap - and there was nothing left.  Also as previously mentioned, the gu's littered was apalling!  :(

Hey Rakker, still sorry we left you behind!

Even though the start was a bit of a mess I really enjoyed this one.

Had to start at the back of the Vets. Quite difficult getting past all the

traffic but always enjoy riding at NF.

First race on my Cannondale Rush - Shweeet!

Oh, IanJ - nice to meet you on the line.

I did not do the race as R125 for 40kms of easy terrein is not value for money for me.

Instead I left home at 6h15 and rode 30kms to Northern Farm. Spent an hour talking to people I know. Watched the start and then rode home. The start did seem confused but it was good to see so many newbies and kids waiting to ride.

I enjoyed myself except for the part on the way home when I met some of my hardcore buddies who suggested that I join them. I had forgotten how fast they ride!

Hey Rakker' date=' still sorry we left you behind!
[/quote']

I prefer not having to try and stick with people who are faster than meEmbarrassed, so I didn't mind a bit.

I thought it was a good race. I'd rather have a decent T shirt, than just another medal.

The MSC Spring Classic can't be that bad - because it has to be one of the best-attended and longest running MTB races in Gauteng.

As for the R10 cokes, which weren't even cold, smiley7.gif

Anyone know where we can look up results?

I also enjoyed it! Registration was quick and efficient. The start was a bit chaotic and it would have helped a lot if they either explained, over a PA we all could hear, or gave a handout to help. Specially arrived early to get a decent start near the front, with hindsight could have stayed in bed much longer!

LittleBen rode the 3rd fastest time in the Juniors but was DQ'd for starting in the wrong group. This was our own fault and fair so no issues there! Would however have done it different if we had known better but ja! Shouldn't have done it anyway so we have egg on our faces and won't do it again.

It was a bit crowded out on the singletrack and so on but hey everyone knew there were lots of riders and not much space so decided to have fun and not get stressed.

I mostly don't take gu's, water etc. on rides less than 3 hours or so as I seem to carry enough of my own so no problem there. On the Gu's, I would only take if it was ones that I had tried before (anyone remember the don't do anything 'new' on raceday theory?). Did notice that most of the Gu's lying around were 'Fast Fuel' one's so ja maybe those who normally wouldn't take?

The finish was pretty organised and I am not unhappy with the 'value' I got from the race. T-Shirt is cool, the medal is different and I think like in most people's case a medal would just have ended up thrown amongst all the others I have collected over the years!

10 bucks a cooldrink is pretty steep though!

Nice seeing Dirt-Rider (nice ride boet!), Daemon, Bored Girl (still with her chainring protector on), Thug (you're a frikkin animal!) and also meeting IanJ along the way (left me for dead of course just after the start!)

Agreed, the start was a little chaotic. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the route and the race.

i would have preferred the start format to be a mass start, gets the madmen in front and out of the way and lets the slower riders (me) enjoy the route and not have to dive out of the ways of each category's front runners.

The timing, number board thing was stupid...the drifter series boards is MUCH nicer, or that timing system that was at magalies monster..

Hey Daemon - saw one or 2 of those foamy things lying along the way! Was not the best I've seen either, nor the dude gooi-ing that big paddle in front of you at the gate!