Been knocked down by a bus lately?

flymango

correct it was probably exactly 6:45

Good to hear you are okay-ish. Your comment above leads me to ask you to check for concussion :)

Slave, a couple or so pages ago you were talking about trucks and getting a bit close. I just came down Atlas Road in Boksburg and sweet Jemima those beasts are waaaay to close for comfort. I am using a second hand Sele Italia SLX (from SpeadFreak) and now I have to change it - terrible sewer type smell and the white colour has been changed to a dark beige.

Once again Captain Dura, aces that you are okay (pun intended)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When i was 6, on my very 1st unassisted bicycle ride a bus hit me head-on... OK, the bus was parked at the kerb and I rode into the back of it cause I couldn't turn or stop yet :-(

But yeah, one of the rear wheels of a big truck also gave me a serious rubber burn on my ass as it rolled past me after the truck's fender caught my handlebar - close call, and that was with me minding my own business in PE a few years back.

Eventually I graduated to cycle couriering in London for 1.5 years, riding along Oxford Str with both my elbows out, scraping a bus on either side - it was the warmest place to be in winter...

My advice: be very alert and flow with the traffic

Hope you all stay safe out there

In st 7 in pmb I was run over by a KZT Transport bus!! New avalanche reflex folder in two! still walked the rest of the way to school, it was either that or walk back home past a girls school with a broken bike! did the only thing any 13 year old boy would do......went the other way!!

some how i past under the bus between both sets of wheels, came out the other side!

this is probably the reason i dont own a gun anymore, on the M5 to Mowbray everymorning you get that two taxi's block the highway to let a queue of 50 taxi's turn in. This happened every damn morning on my way to work. Till one day i block the taxi's that normally blocks the traffic. Once we got going the guy next to the driver stuck his hand out the window and pointed his fingers at me in the shape of a gun and "pulled the trigger"

Me having an extremely short fuse, opened up my cubbihole, took out my luger, opened my window, stuck the gun out and fired of a blank (My first rounds were always blanks since you have to always give a warning shot) at the taxi.

He obviously crapped himself, and then hit the concrete barrier on the right hand side, was really funny to watch but also realized how stupid in infantile a gesture like that is.

Got rid of the gun in the meantime.

Thats pretty hardcore thing to have done - I know why I musnt ever have a gun - I have no patience for the bad drivers and especially taxis - I think I would have used it 5 times today. Sick of these Metro Cops sitting on their fat lazy arese doing nothing. I Agree we all need to be more pro-active in stopping this shite :angry:

In st 7 in pmb I was run over by a KZT Transport bus!! New avalanche reflex folder in two! still walked the rest of the way to school, it was either that or walk back home past a girls school with a broken bike! did the only thing any 13 year old boy would do......went the other way!!

some how i past under the bus between both sets of wheels, came out the other side!

Jeez. Makes my run in with a bus not seem so bad. I was pushed into the pavement by a bus in London, went over the bars and took off all the skin on one side of my face, the funny thing about this(if there is a funny side) is that the bus was moving out the way for a ambulance coming in the opposite direction on it way to another emergency, it had to stop for me :) . I was way more worried about my bike then havin half a face(lol)

Hi,

It is not only when you are on a bicycle or bike when an accident happens. I was walking past the exit fron a filling station a few months back when a taxi calmly drove out and ran me over. Luckily I was knocked out of the way and the traffic on the road missed me. I now look what at what is happening around me.

Regards

Sarge