Looks like Lance has been busted

Cyclejourno

In there it will say (if Lancey said it) that the patient took bucket loads of EPO and was worried that it would affect his cancer treatment.

He did take EPO as part of his cancer treatment

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep. who would a credible witness be in this saga? I can't think of one. Maybe Betsy Andreu. She had nothing to gain from telling her story.

Good point. That her story about what she heard was corroborated by the friends she found solace in when she threatened to call off her wedding leant her some credence.

Good point. That her story about what she heard was corroborated by the friends she found solace in when she threatened to call off her wedding leant her some credence.

Yep, her conscience seems to have gotten the better of her, both with Frankie's drug use and with the Lance thing.

Looks like Mc Ilvain has received a subpoena. Did anyone mention that? Somebody wants to hear from her again..

Prosecutors have subpoenaed the woman who sources say is Stephanie McIlvain, a longtime liaison to Armstrong for one of his major sponsors, the eyewear company Oakley Inc.

http://www.nytimes.c...=3&pagewanted=1

Well then perhaps the frogs need to get out the pond then.

theres not much they can do. If the feds dont ask them for evidence, their samples mean nothing..

altho - i've always wondered why UCI never followed up on those positive tests?

This saga is starting to sound like a circus again, conspiracy theories, threats, supposedly illegal tapes, hearsay, procedural flaws etc.

Cant wait for the Hollywood version to hit the big screen :)

This saga is starting to sound like a circus again, conspiracy theories, threats, supposedly illegal tapes, hearsay, procedural flaws etc.

Cant wait for the Hollywood version to hit the big screen

Let's think of a name for such movie: "The Texas Ranger rides high" ;)

Cant wait for the Hollywood version to hit the big screen :)

With Matt Damon in the lead role?

You should read Matt Walsh's takes on the "drama" on www.atwistedspoke.com

All you legal experts out these need to take notice that this is a "federal grand jury". Way, waaaaaaaay different to a normal court. Different rules and they allow much wider evidence and apply different rules to what is admisable or not. Go and do some investigating...

(PS Thanks for starting a Lance thread. This Friday was kinda boring, but I'll go and get some fresh coffee before this heats up!)

All you legal experts out these need to take notice that this is a "federal grand jury". Way, waaaaaaaay different to a normal court. Different rules and they allow much wider evidence and apply different rules to what is admisable or not. Go and do some investigating...

(PS Thanks for starting a Lance thread. This Friday was kinda boring, but I'll go and get some fresh coffee before this heats up!)

True, a couple of hours of waterboarding and they'll all be singing like canaries. :-)

Interestinger and interestinger.... I can't wait for the Feds to show Lance how much poo he is in. And to see how quickly he rolls over and takes everybody else with him.

... takes everybody else with him.

shees... interesting point... i wonder how many he will drag down with him, in order to make himself look not so terrible?

I have mixed feelings about Lance being busted. On the one hand you know he's guilty, but on the other hand you know it's gonna suck when he's found guilty because there would be nothing left to discuss. A bit like someone proving PowerBands are just plastic bracelets or that OJ really did it. Obvious, but much more fun when there's a bit of doubt left...

Im with Eldron, wont take a crappy laywer 20 seconds to have whatever is on that tape labeled as inadmissible. Its all circumstanial and based on heresay. And recorded without permission which by default would be considered inadmissable evidence. We have the same law in SA its only legal to record a conversation if you inform the party that the conversation is being recorded.

Quoted from the article

"McIlvain was in California during the conversation with LeMond. California law requires consent by both parties of a recording. Legal expert Laurie Levenson said in federal cases, however, taped conversations can be used as evidence as long as one of the parties â LeMond in this case â is aware of the taping."

You gonna get your barrista-in-training to make it? Or is he at school?