The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

absolutely. but this one doesn't even have a lefty either, but does come with a much racier 70,0' Head angle

http://media.cannondale.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/small_image/725x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/c/_/c_13_ftrail16_gry.1409192315.jpg

Seems to have a long top tube with a short stem setup - nice and stable despite the racey head angle...

Weight weenies won't be happy with the solid chainring though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the Momsen kids bikes with slicks of smaller tyres?... 

Fit drops for the proper 'monstercross' effect...

Thank you..

I am going to have to go "shopping".

:clap:

Edited by Meerkat82

very cool indeed sir.

I like it and I think my daughter will be very happy with this.

now need to find one in Pretoria.

I'm sure this one can get to PTA... Otherwise check the Momsen site for local dealers.

:thumbup:

Mine and my twin son's birthday today.

Me 40 and my boys 7.

The 3 of us got new bikes...I have half day so will be down on the Durban promenade at lunch time for a ride with them on our new bikes, Could life be any better :) 

post-35520-0-72466900-1417497885_thumb.jpg

post-35520-0-60353200-1417497895_thumb.jpg

Here is my little dude on his first kind-of bike. He is only 10 months and +/- 70cm but his feet is touching the ground. We got it from the Sates but I haven't seen them here. He really digs it but cant propel himself yet (I think it has something to do with him not walking yet). Very proud dad here!

post-7124-0-00741200-1417500891_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grondpad

Me 40 and my boys 7.

The 3 of us got new bikes...I have half day so will be down on the Durban promenade at lunch time for a ride with them on our new bikes, Could life be any better :)

Congrats to you and the boys on the birthday quinton.bet thet are super chuffed with those pressies.

Me 40 and my boys 7.

Ah! Your boys are Thomas Morons! Lekker school. Matriculated there back in 2000.

one of the seats i looked at was this from sportsman's. just loooked way too dodge, but probably is ok if it's stocked and allowed to sell in a big retail place.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/images/product/1087651.jpg

http://images.junkmail.co.za/images/large_web/2014/8/4/1407139910958417967INSTORE%20POSTERS.jpg

I do recall in my younger years, my dad made something very very similiar to this, except it was one plank of wood that he somehow managed to get balanced on the top tube (Back when top tubes werent angled like they are now) and i sat on it like the pic above ^^ Was great because you can atleast see whats going on! Albeit not as safe as the full on bucket seat i guess, but hey theres always a trade off!

I do recall in my younger years, my dad made something very very similiar to this, except it was one plank of wood that he somehow managed to get balanced on the top tube (Back when top tubes werent angled like they are now) and i sat on it like the pic above ^^ Was great because you can atleast see whats going on! Albeit not as safe as the full on bucket seat i guess, but hey theres always a trade off

I bought one of these star seats and it works perfectly.  My daughter loves riding with me, and it is nice to be able to talk and see each other.  Have never felt that it was unsafe up to date.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got de moer in with 12 inch wheels over the holidays. they're on the jogger pram, and there are lots of duwweltjies up the weskus. I should probably put some sealant in them, never done the schrader valve removal(as none of my bikes have these tyres, but that's for another day anyway).

problem is not fixing punctures, it's blowing up the damn tyres. with such a small diamater it's almost impossible getting the valve out enough and then closing off the pump systems which all hit the hub. kinda like this.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/627/161/439/439161627_291.JPG

garage is one option, but not the best one. the one tube has a wonky valve that comes out at an angle, brilliant. i had to hunt around a bit but finally found what i was looking for in the soccer section at sportsmans

similar to this, best R40 spent so far this year.

http://images.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/5b8/311/03b/74669/weldtite-universal-pump-connector-hose.jpg

My daughter got upgraded to a 16er for Christmas.....the smallest wheels still out in front though.......

Where did you get the kids lids?