The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for this for my daughter as an xmas pressie courtesy of that awesome cwc sale. Will be interesting to see how she progresses from the ybike pewi below to this. Shes also 2 and a bit.http://www.ybike.ee/images/ybike-pewi-04.jpg.

This looks lime a cross between a Y-bike and a office chair.[emoji2] Edited by BenReaper

My vote (I've just gone through this, as I said) is y bike AND a MUNA. Get the MUNA before it goes up in price, and I assume it will given the price point of the competitors. 

question, cause maybe i'm missing something. I know things go up annually, but i don't really see the competitors at a higher price here? the avalanche one which is similar but probably not nearly as 'nice' is about R300 less. the alloy muna is almost the same as the alloy frog bike.

100% agreed with Ryan. GET A Y BIKE!!! 

photographic proof of advice being followed to the T. 

post-1830-0-44501700-1416814931_thumb.png

I gave her the option of riding both the orange and the green one. and then to take a pick. Williams bike shop in somerset west will not be happy that she went with this model!

edit:before I get hate mail, those are not CROCS on her feet, they are imitation crocs from Cotton On and since my sister works for them we have a deal where we don't complain what free 5h1t she sends our way. I was of course devastated that she loves them so much, but am attending a support group to help me through it.

Edited by Shebeen

question, cause maybe i'm missing something. I know things go up annually, but i don't really see the competitors at a higher price here? the avalanche one which is similar but probably not nearly as 'nice' is about R300 less. the alloy muna is almost the same as the alloy frog bike.

Some of the balance bikes are over a grand for something that isn't really that much different to the Muna and / or avalanche. The MUNA (as I said) has the low saddle - which allows almost seamless transitioning from the Y-Bike to the proper balance bike. 

A grand would be my soft limit. I think the Spaz balance bike is about R 1200 or so, and even now (2 months later) my lightie wouldn't be able to fit it cos he's not tall enough. 

attachicon.giffayebiker (Large).png

I gave her the option of riding both the orange and the green one. and then to take a pick. Williams bike shop in somerset west will not be happy that she went with this model!

edit:before I get hate mail, those are not CROCS on her feet, they are imitation crocs from Cotton On and since my sister works for them we have a deal where we don't complain what free 5h1t she sends our way. I was of course devastated that she loves them so much, but am attending a support group to help me through it.

LOL. AWESOME

And dude, don't worry - crocs are fantastic for kids. Easily washable, light, impervious to pretty much anything (apart from fire, and dogs) 

My lightie wears them almost constantly. And they're the only ones that I will willingly part with my money for. He's already got a secodn pair for when these ones are too small.

A grand would be my soft limit. I think the Spaz balance bike is about R 1200 or so, and even now (2 months later) my lightie wouldn't be able to fit it cos he's not tall enough. 

ah, thanks. it would appear my little google research didn't go as wide as yours - didn't know the big S played this low end of the market. The spaz fanboys would go gogo over this. does it come with M4 frame technology? would suzi go with those tyres or get his wire cutters onto the knobs?

http://www.dalescycles.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/ad5f86d6a11b948fcef5e0b064e6f6b9.jpg

what you guys think of the, does that make it enduro specific? 

Head Tube Angle 69° Edited by Shebeen

ah, thanks. it would appear my little google research didn't go as wide as yours - didn't know the big S played this low end of the market. The spaz fanboys would go gogo over this. does it come with M4 frame technology? would suzi go with those tyres or get his wire cutters onto the knobs?

http://www.dalescycles.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/ad5f86d6a11b948fcef5e0b064e6f6b9.jpg

what you guys think of the, does that make it enduro specific? 

Head Tube Angle 69°

No BRAIN suspension. #disapppointed

attachicon.giffayebiker (Large).png

Nice Shebeen...

Didn't notice the crocs - could barely see the bike through the glare from that remarkably shiny floor!!!

hi Guys

My daughter is turning 7 in Dec and she wants a road bike like her mommy.. now the problem is that I can't seem to find a bike that looks like a road bike (in her size) and all the "mountain" bikes weigh a ton...

Any suggestions?

No BRAIN suspension. #disapppointed

absolutely. but this one doesn't even have a lefty either, but does come with a much racier 70,0' Head angle

http://media.cannondale.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/small_image/725x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/c/_/c_13_ftrail16_gry.1409192315.jpg

this one has nino's racing stripes somewhere

http://dfp2hfrf3mn0u.cloudfront.net/238/238465_91709_tif_zoom_1.jpg

Edited by Shebeen

hi Guys

My daughter is turning 7 in Dec and she wants a road bike like her mommy.. now the problem is that I can't seem to find a bike that looks like a road bike (in her size) and all the "mountain" bikes weigh a ton...

Any suggestions?

One of the Momsen kids bikes with slicks of smaller tyres?... 

Fit drops for the proper 'monstercross' effect...