Need some advice

Thanks WW!  Yeah, I think I'll ease off a bit, I just hate feeling this weak and thought it would go away, obviously not...AngryOuch

Knappy, that's what I'm thinking! ;-)  Maybe I should get the rerun from you, stop eating completely while I'm resting, that way I definitely won't pick up while not training, might even lose a few?!ConfusedLOL

Wat's jul planne Nochain?  Maybe sal ek jul dan eerder join vir daai uur ride.  Waar? Hoe laat?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chilli ,sal nog reel maar ek dink dit sal seker so 8 uur die oggend wees of iets.Dalk bietjie vir n slag laat slaap en dan rustig gaan vir n koffie ride.

Sal met die mense reel en jou laat weet.Thumbs%20Up

When one trains hard, you break the muscle fibres down and by resting the muscle recovers and grows stronger. It's the same for both running and cycling.

So rest is called for.

Chilli I agree with Spidey, REST!!! Same thing happened to me in 2005, I trained my dinges off, raced every weekend from September and the day's we weren't racing we trained hard then at Bakwena (weekend before 94.7) my body just shut down, I had to be pushed to the end of the race, I couldn't turn the pedals, I was in a state because I had trained so hard for the 94.7 and it was riuned.

Then everyone said rest and I was like no are you all mad but I did, I did nothing for a week, no spinning, no gym, NOTHING. The Saturday before the race I went for a 20km easy (REAL EASY) ride, just to loosen my legs and what happened I had the best 94.7 to date! Plus because I didn't think I would do well I took it easy as well. Imagine the time I could've gotten if I pushed!!

So REST girl, even just 1 week.

Hey Amateur, yeah, I think I'll take some time off or take it real easy anyway. 

Btw: We should plan a girl's night out soon ok?!  Got a b'day coming up and C's going to Potch, so I can party!! WinkLOL

Chilli I agree with Spidey' date=' REST!!! Same thing happened to me in 2005, I trained my dinges off [/quote']

Shockedyou were a guy?Shocked

Chilli I agree with Spidey' date=' REST!!! Same thing happened to me in 2005, I trained my dinges off [/quote']

Shockedyou were a guy?Shocked
So was Robert Millar apparently!!!

Have you asked your friendly VETERINARIAN yet?

Call 08600 M000 for a free consultation!

Don't fall for that one Chilli....the guy behind that number tends to poke you with strange objects........Big%20smile

Can I ask for similiar advise from this medical panel:

On saturday I got pole-axed by the "Spring stomache virus bug". Sunday saw me clinging to the side of my bed as it rocked to and fro in the cross winds. Monday , I was hugging the porcelain like the last man on the pace line ....

Today I finks I'm better . . . The temperature has gone down, I can drink a half bideon without dropping it, and I now remember where I parked my bike.

Two questions. Are antibiotics a banned substance and can I still ride the D2D in 5 days time??

BrokeSpoke, you don't race licensed do you??

Sounds like you also need to take a break as you have been sick quite a bit lately, so easy rides for you as well....

I'm not doing the D2D cause I have just had a bad bout of flu and I know 1 week is not enough for me to be where I want to be!!

Racing on antibiotics is not good even if it is legal (Depends what is in it) as it takes everything out of your system so by doing a hard ride you are asking to just get sick all over again.

My 2c worth. Rather come for a ride with Ewep and me, it will be more fun anywayBig%20smile