Cape Town bike park

_Daemon_

I've just send the guy who runs this whole project the link to this discussion to give him a chance to clear up the confusion...

Robotech2007-09-17 02:52:53

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also' date=' from the website it sounds as if they want to add some water-sport activities if I remember correctly?  This would seem to exclude JH.  What about the Grabouw area?[/quote']

If there's watersports involved, wouldnt it maybe be near blue rock cable ski in somerset west?

Lourensford is probably the ideal venue for the Bike Park. I think it is also owned by Christo Wiese - he has the clout and influence to make it work. Too bad it has historicaly been the source of so much MTB pain in my life.

here is the official reply from the bike park guys...

Yes of course. I know there is much discussion, not only in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cape Town, but around the world. People in Whistler have been asking Greg Minnaar, and the Adidas officials we have out her recently about the parks progress. In GermanyoN> there are a group of riders who keep e-mailing me wanting to book the chalets already J Ha ha quite good I suppose.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

No it?s not going to be Jonkers ? they are quite close to anything and everything. We have our sights set on Lourensford and have been in negotiations with the Wiese family for a few months now. It looks extremely promising, but we still have a month or 2 of impact studies and assessments to carry out. Lourensford are very open to our development and we will be hugely successful once our forces unit. As mentioned in the forum, The Wiese family have what it takes to make this the biggest MTB park in the Southern Hemisphere and better than most in Europe.

We have the whole world contacting us and coming on board, from German ski-lift technicians and bike park builders, to top pro-riders and local riders and plenty of big company sponsors.

One thing is for sure, it?s happening, and fast, we are looking at starting construction of the trails in the next 2 months and we have a few international festivals bound for our shores in 2008.

Keep in touch.

Craig Marshall
FREERIDE-CAPE

Robotech2007-09-18 00:51:40

aah sounds awsum!was just wondering is tokai not an option??but rather at lourensford coz then thats closer to meSmilein stellenbosch!this sounds so so so awsum and really promising!backpackers lodge would be cool 2!

I spoke to Craig about an hour ago. He said that he was inspecting the Loarensford area the other day with the farm manager and they came across a few Maverick riders and then later he came across a few puffadders...

So, please guys if you do ride some of those trails on your own...be carefull...Confused

Robotech2007-09-18 04:27:18

• 1 month later...
here is the official reply from the bike park guys...

Yes of course. I know there is much discussion' date=' not only in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cape Town, but around the world. People in Whistler have been asking Greg Minnaar, and the Adidas officials we have out her recently about the parks progress. In GermanyoN> there are a group of riders who keep e-mailing me wanting to book the chalets already J Ha ha quite good I suppose.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

No it?s not going to be Jonkers ? they are quite close to anything and everything. We have our sights set on Lourensford and have been in negotiations with the Wiese family for a few months now. It looks extremely promising, but we still have a month or 2 of impact studies and assessments to carry out. Lourensford are very open to our development and we will be hugely successful once our forces unit. As mentioned in the forum, The Wiese family have what it takes to make this the biggest MTB park in the Southern Hemisphere and better than most in Europe.

We have the whole world contacting us and coming on board, from German ski-lift technicians and bike park builders, to top pro-riders and local riders and plenty of big company sponsors.

One thing is for sure, it?s happening, and fast, we are looking at starting construction of the trails in the next 2 months and we have a few international festivals bound for our shores in 2008.

Keep in touch.

Craig Marshall
FREERIDE-CAPE

[/quote']

Robotech....any updates on the developments?