K*k service from Winning Time

fandacious

"there is no-one else they canuse"?  How about they own a chunk of WinningTime and it would be stupid not use a company you part own?! 

Not to be too critical or anything, but as far as I know that is simply not true.  Used to be that a previous chairman of PPA owned part of WT, since then this was sold to the present owners of the company? I know that there has been serious consideration at some stage to have Championchip doing the timing for (a) the Argus, and (b) the local PPA races.  While the first is certainly doable, the second is not:  Championchip has no Cape-Town based operation.
HomerSimpson2007-09-18 09:18:52

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"there is no-one else they canuse"?  How about they own a chunk of WinningTime and it would be stupid not use a company you part own?! 

Not to be too critical or anything' date=' but as far as I know that is simply not true.  Used to be that a previous chairman of PPA owned part of WT, since then this was sold to the present owners of the company? I know that there has been serious consideration at some stage to have Championchip doing the timing for (a) the Argus, and (b) the local PPA races.  While the first is certainly doable, the second is not:  Championchip has no Cape-Town based operation.
[/quote']

As far as I understand, WT is owned by Race Administration Systems, which is owned by PPA, Cycle Tour Trust and a few private people....

Just to prove a point that instant timing can be done with almost manual systems:  The timing at the Franschhoek GP and the Durbanville Dirty Duathlon was done by Francois(or was it Groot Lem?) and I got my position read to me AS I CROSSED THE FINISH LINE.  Now that is realtime.  Can't take that much longer to upload it to a server, surely?  I think it is time that WT systems get upgraded to do just that.

• 1 month later...

what is going on with this crowd. the web site is completely down and the race organiser is not interested in helping. ridiculous.  

Hey FanD - This "Panzie" rode in the wind today - saw your bike with the bling white h/bar tape & saddle an'all ekse Thumbs%20Up

Hey Rac... wind was frikken horrible. David garret in elites guttered us in our moer and split the bunch into about 5 smaller groups. I was dropped and solod 20km back into the head wind.. NOT fun.

Thanks man... White shoes are next! why didnt you come say hi?

Thanks man... White shoes are next! why didnt you come say hi?

Hey FanD. Get the white Specialized Carbon shoes. I splashed out and bought a pair from WillieE (got a good discount from Sean as well) and they are easily the best cyclin shoes I have ever worn. (have only had Sidi & Time before though). Also look awesome as well.Thumbs%20Up

I don't identify myself to other hubbers due to all the nasty comments about my self portrait Avatar !!!Big%20smile ( so don't want to frighten people before the Race as well)

Seriously though - next time will say hi Thumbs%20Up

Get the white Specialized Carbon shoes.

Those are the ones i want Smile
An' you won't go wrong. Great shoes. Used to have all sorts of numbness, ankle pains, sore sole etc etc. Though it was my setup initially and since I got the Specialized Carbon - never a day's discomfort - except when I overtighten.