Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

A lot more nippy/snappy, therefore control in technical sections is much better - makes it easier to negotiate tricky rock gardens for example. Riding switchbacks quite a bit faster too (and scarier, lol). Overall a pretty good improvement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies - trying to post some pictures of my new ss.

Trek Satche 8 - with rigid carbon fork. Donor parts came from Trek superfly.

Got nice xx1 cranks and as I had a 30T upfront made that work. (so have 16T at back).

Ratio is perfect for the Baakens Valley Riding I have been doing. Tyres are 2.25 - with time could go 2.4 here. Bike is a bullet! Rails corners. But slower down technical stuff.

Pictures will follow... when I can figure this out

Ok so the Scott is gone and have the bike I wanted. Giant XTC . I will be picking it up tomorrow . Of course its derailleur is coming off . I ditched the dropper post. Carbon handle bars going on. I am keen to see its new weight. The Scott was 12kg . Sub 11Kg will be awesome. Pictures to follow .

Is that dropper for sale by chance?

I run my chain over the top of the tensioner wheel. I found it jumped when the chain was under. It looks nicer  the way you have it though.

Hi - didn't even occur to me to run over the top to be honest.

So far chain hasn't jumped as is.... is it better to run over the top do you think? Or no right / wrong way to run the chain through the tensioner?

Enjoying the bike I must say!!

Hi - didn't even occur to me to run over the top to be honest.

So far chain hasn't jumped as is.... is it better to run over the top do you think? Or no right / wrong way to run the chain through the tensioner?

Enjoying the bike I must say!!

No right or wrong but the running the tensioner below the chain, pushing up allows the chain the wrap around more of the rear sprocket which isn't a bad thing.

Is that dropper for sale by chance?

As far as I know Michael swopped the dropper post for a light weight normal post when he got the bike.

• 2 weeks later...

As requested, some pics of my steel Single Speed Rigid Trek Gary Fisher Sawyer ~ 20 year anniversary special edition.

Fitted with a Gates pulleys + carbon belt drive (it came out with a split-able frame and Sram X-7 groupo), Chris King headset and Loaded wheel-set + Hope II hubs + Maxxis Ardent 2.4 tekkies (wheels were hand-build by Anton at Summit Cycles). Weighs about 12 kg, apparently the grade of steel is similar to the steel they use to make the barrels of guns...so it's not as light as e.g. Ritchey Pro-logic or Reynolds 853 tubing.

I ride her almost every day during the week as she gives me a great workout with almost no maintenance costs :w00t: Will get some close ups as soon as I have time to give her a wash as she mostly stays dirty :)

post-4329-0-58640500-1484306538_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-02899900-1484306588_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-92160600-1484306608_thumb.jpg

post-4329-0-98482700-1484306623_thumb.jpg