Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i Seldom ride in anything other than 32:16 on both my 26" and 29er. look i'm still new to the sport and havent clocked up the miles and saddle time of the like of Eldron, Dangle and the big boys. but havent struggled to much. broke my 8speed chain at the nissan teak race, but since then i have got a BMX halflink chain and could tow my hilux out the mud with it so havent had a problem since. also a decent Chainring and you can crank as much power as you want through your drive train no worries. provided its not to long i got the theory if i can walk it i'm gonna try ride it. often ending in me being "OWNED" but not cause of my bike or the setup. i reckon 32:16 is a great starting point. from there its trail and error.

To give you an idea of a typical Wednesday morning Table Mountain ride ... the whole town to town loop is about 25km with the Mountain loop being about 18-20km maybe and in the 18-20km we climb about 600m in total ... that 32x18t on a very wind SE morning (with an 7-9kg back pack) hurts on the climbs. Will get proper stats from one of the riders at some stage

To give you an idea of a typical Wednesday morning Table Mountain ride ... the whole town to town loop is about 25km with the Mountain loop being about 18-20km maybe and in the 18-20km we climb about 600m in total ... that 32x18t on a very wind SE morning (with an 7-9kg back pack) hurts on the climbs. Will get proper stats from one of the riders at some stage

haha i understand but then you cape town boys (and girls) are a different breed, you guys are climbing Machines.

was in the eastern cape for my honeymoon recently. Knysna, wilderness and titsikama forest. did what i thought was a nice easy "flat" ride and still did 650m climbing in 24km. haha. no wonder all the "big boys" come from that area.

• 2 weeks later...

My new single speed GT Peace 29'er smile.gif

love the Gt. they are such great responsive rides.

i love your Nyaminyami Avitar even more especially since i grew up on Lake Kariba.

Here's mine. Ultimate simplicity...where all SS will be in 3 years.

Not a fan i gather?

Here's my latest...

If you (mistakenly) point out that it's not a mtb then you obviously haven't ridden on Hector Norris Park :D

post-2412-0-88580500-1320388025.jpg

Here's my latest...

If you (mistakenly) point out that it's not a mtb then you obviously haven't ridden on Hector Norris Park :D

Sweet ride !! make sure the pedal is tight :P

S60R is nice. :thumbup:

Well spotted sir!

Personally I think it's the ultimate car - 4 wheel drive, 225kW, 6 speed box, 9.2lires/100km, 3 suspension settings (melow, keen and OH MY GOD), all the mod cons you can think of and completely affordable thanks to Volvo's non existent resale value. She is getting on a bit but the new ones are crazy prices so I think we'll be together for some time yet :) Speaking of Volvo's poor resale - that's my their slogan is "Volvo - for life" :lol:

@Iron - yeah thanks for that :) This one is much easier to ride with both feet attached to the bike. The staff at the hospital miss me though - I had serious frequent flyer miles there!

Personally I think it's the ultimate car - 4 wheel drive, 225kW, 6 speed box, 9.2lires/100km, 3 suspension settings (melow, keen and OH MY GOD), all the mod cons you can think of and completely affordable thanks to Volvo's non existent resale value. She is getting on a bit but the new ones are crazy prices so I think we'll be together for some time yet :) Speaking of Volvo's poor resale - that's my their slogan is "Volvo - for life" :lol:

I drive a 2005 T5. Agreed, consumption is very good considering the performance. I get 8 litr/100km. The seats are sublime and the premium sound makes every trip a pleasure. Auto box valve bodies are giving me hassles lately though. Will cost more to fix than the car is worth!