Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

ppfffftttt ..... bunch of half glass fullers .... my SS has improved my hiking skills dramatically :) ...the is currently geared, but will go back now before December to it's real purpose in life as a SS.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ppfffftttt ..... bunch of half glass fullers .... my SS has improved my hiking skills dramatically :) ...the is currently geared, but will go back now before December to it's real purpose in life as a SS.

8 years since I built my first SS 29'er and I have not looked back.

DomP, that is an epic Cotic! Is that your seat height? Maybe you need a bigger frame?

Thanks man. Yip.... I'm tall. It's the biggest frame available besides a custom frame.

Look what I did. Some call me crazy. I think it will make me a better rider. My trail themed SS is finally "finished" complete with dropper, 120mm travel fork, and flats.

attachicon.gifTrail Ready-s.jpg

Nice looking bike man. Out of interest, are you riding in the Kyalami area?

I see a guy with the same looking bike almost every morning on my way to work...

Nice looking bike man. Out of interest, are you riding in the Kyalami area?

I see a guy with the same looking bike almost every morning on my way to work...

Thanks. Yip, that's me. I commute to work on it.

That's the only part of the ride that I hate.

I've seen you spin like a malletjie to get across the bridge at the bottom of Main to avoid being squashed by cars...  :eek:

Go through the trees on the right and then you only have that small piece to deal with .

That is a particularly dodgy section to cross. Cars coming from both sides are carrying serious speed and the small rideable section on the bridge is quite narrow. 

But do what the Sheriff said, when heading towards Kyalami, head into the forest on the left, as you passed the bridge. That saves you a dodgy section of road, till you get to the top of the hill.

That is a particularly dodgy section to cross. Cars coming from both sides are carrying serious speed and the small rideable section on the bridge is quite narrow.

But do what the Sheriff said, when heading towards Kyalami, head into the forest on the left, as you passed the bridge. That saves you a dodgy section of road, till you get to the top of the hill.

Yes. I like that little forest climb. It's even more fun on the way down!

Yes. I like that little forest climb. It's even more fun on the way down!

It is, but I'd keep my eyes open if I were you. Haven't come across to many shady characters in there, but you never know. 

Going down you have speed on your side, should something happen, but when going up the hill..

Update time...

My Momsen Str frame is with Bogus. I bought a very nice 29er rigid fork from Warren (Cranked Cycles) down in the Cape. Being in Durban it is difficult to organise everything down there but Warren and Bogus have been legends. They are getting the fork and frame together for me down there. First class gents. Appreciated.

Sprocket & Jack (Sean) have also been champs. They are helping me source my bits and bobs and offer some great advice. All in all the project is coming together nicely. Because she is in the Cape and JHB I sadly don't have any pictures.

Awesome to see so many hubbers willing to help a complete stranger out. Makes one have faith again.

Edited by Monark