Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Here's the bike after the new paintjob

That looks really nice! I'm guessing the frame was powdercoated? How about some decals?

Edited by EigerSA

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really nice! I'm guessing the frame was powdercoated? How about some decals?

Yup, still deciding what kind of decals to fit....

No, I rattlecan sprayed and clearcoated the frame. Trust me, you have to be so patient and careful doing that - certainly learned a lot doing it myself.

The last paint went on 5 days ago and the finish is still soft enough to dent with a fingernail. Needless to say I haven't ridden her yet.

I've had loads of experience spray-painting as well as with rattlecans and that finish looks excellent. Yup, rattle cans can take ages to dry out properly, more so if the humidity is really high or temperature's really cold.

The Boss's - Giant XTC - going to be resprayed

Mine - GT Peace

Both are been used as commuters

post-43-0-92966800-1293019024.jpg

post-43-0-88185400-1293019037.jpg

The Boss's - Giant XTC - going to be resprayed

Mine - GT Peace

Both are been used as commuters

You and the Boss need to get them bikes in to my valley and we can all go singlespeeding :thumbup:

You and the Boss need to get them bikes in to my valley and we can all go singlespeeding :thumbup:

When our speed is slightly above the bare minimum required to keep us upright, we will take up your offer. :D

I Fly, is that a 26" Peace ?

Isn't that a bit of a sacriledge putting a suspension fork onto your Peace ?

As Louis Gosset Jr keeps reminding us..........................keep it real ! ;)

I Fly, is that a 26" Peace ?

Isn't that a bit of a sacriledge putting a suspension fork onto your Peace ?

As Louis Gosset Jr keeps reminding us..........................keep it real ! ;)

It is a 26" Peace. I bought it 2nd hand on Saturday. I was in my LBS looking at a new Peace when Tony mentioned that a customer wanted to sell this one for a little more than a stock standard new one. My credit card was out faster than Dangle does laps at a 24 hour.

I think a little single speed get together early in the new year would be great... Any word on the SA SS Champs?

It is a 26" Peace. I bought it 2nd hand on Saturday. I was in my LBS looking at a new Peace when Tony mentioned that a customer wanted to sell this one for a little more than a stock standard new one. My credit card was out faster than Dangle does laps at a 24 hour.

:thumbup:

We going to have to have a Peace (6r or 9r) SS gathering in the New Year.

Pity that Mark is no longer around! :(

I think a little single speed get together early in the new year would be great... Any word on the SA SS Champs?

Was there even talk of ss champs in sa? Can't say I've come across anything? It would have to be sanctioned by cycling sa or something wouldn't it? Of course we could always hold unofficial champs races?

Was there even talk of ss champs in sa? Can't say I've come across anything? It would have to be sanctioned by cycling sa or something wouldn't it? Of course we could always hold unofficial champs races?

Yes there was talk and it was going to be sanctioned.

I am not sure that I have weird enough clothes to participate in a SS championship. The race gear at the World SS champs in NZ set very high standards.

I am not sure that I have weird enough clothes to participate in a SS championship. The race gear at the World SS champs in NZ set very high standards.

There is always the nekkid option... Would love to know what the status is of the event, will try to get some info.