Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stretch, you need to put a 29" on that front end, will work very well with that fork.

Hey DB, that is a 29"... Looks like a 26 cause the rest of the bike is so big I suppose. Now it's all in proportion :) My 6'4" frame has always looked a bit silly on a 26" bike ;)

What gear ratio are you running and do you use it exclusively offroad? Is your chain coincidently perfectly tensioned or did you have to add half-links?

The Singular uses a Phil Wood EBB. It is very simple to adjust the tension using an allen key, takes about a minute or two, so no need for half links.

Currently running 34-18, but it's early days, will have to play around with ratios on different trails.

I am using it purely offroad.

Edited by Citius13

The Singular uses a Phil Wood EBB. It is very simple to adjust the tension using an allen key, takes about a minute or two, so no need for half links.

Currently running 34-18, but it's early days, will have to play around with ratios on different trails.

Snap :D

post-2412-0-17496500-1299490948.jpg

Edited by Eldron

One problem with EBB's - you have to change your seat height every time you change ratio.

Sliders you need to adjust the rear disc.

We need a new solution!

• 1 month later...

Rode the Harkerville red route yesterday on my SS. Was nice and challenging but super-pretty.

post-19617-0-77197800-1304237094.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is my new SS Rigid, freshly washed after Saturday's spin through The Vlei's green route and Sunday's blue route at Teak Place. The rigid fork is presenting some new challenges for me, but its a fantastic ride.

post-1186-0-83253100-1306127121.jpg

post-1186-0-45692000-1306127139.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i know I'm not worthy yet as today was my first ride on a SS it was the race at baabas and came 65th/478 so stil a beginner but really really enjoyed. here is my bike. built on the cheap from old parts lying around and a schwinn frame found at salomons. its not very impressive but loving it.

post-16067-0-55565500-1308245689.jpg

post-16067-0-00487400-1308245718.jpg

post-16067-0-69024600-1308245739.jpg

• 1 month later...

90% there :thumbup: - will start posting pics later.

I wonder if Rietvlei is ridable with a 32*18 - up and over Wendells revenge as well :unsure:

I wonder if Rietvlei is ridable with a 32*18 - up and over Wendells revenge as well :unsure:

26 or 29...? I ride a 32 x 17 on my twentynaainer, works well for me, though sometimes do find myself pushing (that bit up the nationals course towards the pool...). Think at the moment I'll be doing more pushing as I've been off my bike for some time...

Looking forward to your pics.

If Cascades World cup is doable on a 32x18 (29er) anything is possible :clap:

That was my ratio at Atta with a 29'er, you will be fine.