Your opinion please

Mr MacPhisto

Hi Everyone

I am in the process of getting a new bike and just wanted to check if I have by any chance missed something, that I should possibly look at.

Basically I am asking if you had +/- 30 to 35K to spend on a new road bike

What would you get?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you get?

3 weeks @ the ranch...

What do you want to do with the bike? Hang it against the wall as a piece of art? Ride time trials? Ride down steep mountains? Play in the mud? Ride the Argus?

What would you get?

3 weeks @ the ranch...

Or buy a Felt F3, some nice wheels and 1 week @ the ranch

Buy a Raleigh!! Real value for money!!

Shaun r u putting those safety signs up yourself? Maybe a bit too much time in the sun dude! LOL

Forget about the price and ask: What is it that you want? At this price point you want to buy something that you can continue to throw a leg over. Once you know what that is, hunt down the options. It'll blow your budget, but R10k more on R30k for something you really want is better than R30k on something you kinda want.

No, I don't have a bike shop. *wink*

What do you want to do with the bike? Hang it against the wall as a piece of art? Ride time trials? Ride down steep mountains? Play in the mud? Ride the Argus?

I think Mr. Mac is looking at a top end full carbon road bike. Having raced with him in many races in the A and B bunches, i know he is fast, and is looking for something that will compliment his ability!  

Last time we spoke, i know he was looking at getting the Giant Team ISP , fitted with full 2007 Campag Chorus, so if anyone knows of equivalent bikes in that range and that that spec, please let him know.

The best bike on the market is........................

...................THE ONE YOU LIKE.!!

Buy what tickles YOUR fancy, after all you will be the one riding it, not your mate, your uncle, your work bud, and nobody here......... its gonna be you and you alone - so, keep your hand firmly on your wallet and go look around, base your purchase on your criteria and dont worry what anybody else says.!!

I've considered almost all options,

Not really interested in the Raleigh - nice spec on the new team bike but dont love the frame colour - and when spending that amount of $ it must be what you want

Spending 10K more, and getting up to 30K is also not an option, I have managed to convince myself to spend that amount of money is worth it, so more is a no-no.