The B*tch in MTN kit

Cycling Major

if i had ever found out anything more about the b*tch who took me down at the 'shova back in 2006 i would also have posted full details - the more we know about the people who cause problems the better chance others have of staying clear and not getting hurt.

unformtunately the witnesses were more concerned with gettign to me and helping me and later when they told me what had happened they just said "a lady cut at 90 degrees right across the road straight into you, she didn't even look and you were going too fast to do anything"

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had also seen this person and noticed her dangerous actions, the above description would have allowed me to concur.

If I had seen this person, I would have dropped her ass and not made it known on the hub that there are biatches out there kicking my ass!

Just so we're clear on a few of things:

I'm a woman and I'm white (although with my skin tone this point could be up for debate, I don't own MTN kit and I started way back from R

There was however a woman who was riding behind me on the back to the car, who felt the urge to shout "HOLD YOUR LINE"...... on Maxwell drive... I kid you not.

I was riding in a perfectly straight line, next to another rider, chatting about the race when I heard her squeal from behind. I was flabbergasted. My instant reaction was to say in an equally loud voice "You have to be kidding me?! did you just tell me to hold my line?!" She overtook me on the left and said something else which I couldn't make out, so I wished her well on her race to the parking lot.

shame, she obviously didn't get to say it in the bunch so just needed to let it out. I was the unlucky recipient.

I don't ride road races so I don't know these things but do you not have to qualify to ride something like the 94.7 or Argus etc? A bit like you need to do a few races to qualify for the Comrades? Maybe some people need to ride more in a group and understand how thing works?

I agree that the issue is not about what gender or race. There are basic rules riding a bike and courtesy is necessary. I was also nearly knocked of twice on Sunday by someone, interestingly enough twice by the same person in a matter of 10kms. Often times I've had to scream "Keep your line".

Everybody has brains . Just use it.

I have to laugh at how sensitive little dimwits always make things a race issue.If that's all they have left, then good luck ;)

And I saw this happening at hochland auto cycle tour many years ago, women coming downhill at about twice the speed of everyone else (corner up front) and wambam into the back of the pack, taking about 5 people with her.... and i suppose Im going to be a sexist now?

Being new to cycling, i still wonder at it when people cut across the road KNOWING there are goodness knows how many other riders behind them. Heck i even saw this on the 94.7 TV coverage. Someone just pulled out to the left with about 20 odd riders behind him/her. Even me being new to this, i have the savvy to know this is just dangerous and stupid.

Even at the 10km MTB ride, some beast kid came past me on my right so close that he almost clipped me. Wait, in fact that happened a number of times, but this kid in particular had the nerve to blame me when in fact he gave no indication he was coming up past my right only to cut straight across to the left in front of me. :angry: :angry:

My race ended 14 minutes down the line when a lady was hemmed in and hit panic stations, as their group was sucked into ours. I assume that she has limited group exerience. I hope that she completed the race without any further mishap, and that she is more street savvy after this race.

I think that when one enters races like 94.7 and Argus, you will encounter more inexperienced riders - let's not go in with eyes wide shut!

I think that with all these additives in our food, we men now have to much oestrogen in our systems and now make a point of complaining and pointing out near misses.

Still a great opportunity to race/ ride / enjoy the streets of Jozi...................

Got to ride my bike with 25000+ other riders - some big, some small, some ready for a fall..............if but for 14 minutes

Umm, I can't see a single post in this thread which has made this a race issue - stop trying to find drama where there is none dude.

Have a look at SPLAT's comments - there is an insinuation of racism and sexism there.

I don't ride road races so I don't know these things but do you not have to qualify to ride something like the 94.7 or Argus etc? A bit like you need to do a few races to qualify for the Comrades? Maybe some people need to ride more in a group and understand how thing works?

You don't need to qualify.

The thing is that to the higher bunches it is a normal race just like any other and those riders have more experience since they race more often. The problem comes in when you get the fun riders who just do Argus and 94.7 and who don't have the experience to ride close to others in a bunch. For their training they ride alone or with a friend or two. Now you putting them all together in a bunch for the race. They just want to enjoy the vibe and a day out on the bike. Their riding simply doesn't give then that experience so they don't know any better.

16 year old B*tch rode the **** into cycling major no wonder he is frustrated( way to go baby girl)oh she just happens to be my daughter

16 year old B*tch rode the **** into cycling major no wonder he is frustrated( way to go baby girl)oh she just happens to be my daughter

LOL...good one mallo...was good to see you!!

Have a look at SPLAT's comments - there is an insinuation of racism and sexism there.

Just look at the title of the thread if you want any clues

Edited by Kranswurm

Being new to cycling, i still wonder at it when people cut across the road KNOWING there are goodness knows how many other riders behind them. Heck i even saw this on the 94.7 TV coverage. Someone just pulled out to the left with about 20 odd riders behind him/her. Even me being new to this, i have the savvy to know this is just dangerous and stupid.

Even at the 10km MTB ride, some beast kid came past me on my right so close that he almost clipped me. Wait, in fact that happened a number of times, but this kid in particular had the nerve to blame me when in fact he gave no indication he was coming up past my right only to cut straight across to the left in front of me. :angry: :angry:

Hi BGS,

The reason you probably almost got nocked over is because in MTBing you ride on the left so faster riders can pass you on the right. Very important and simple rule. More people need to consider other people on the trail. I'm by no means a pro but it is *&%^&% irritating if guys who are slow ride on the right hand side of the trail.

Hi BGS,

The reason you probably almost got nocked over is because in MTBing you ride on the left so faster riders can pass you on the right. Very important and simple rule. More people need to consider other people on the trail. I'm by no means a pro but it is *&%^&% irritating if guys who are slow ride on the right hand side of the trail.

Is that not just the basic rule in riding or driving anything, even riding an escalator(well in London it is)?