Xterra Buffelspoort

Grondpad

A Question - did a brick sesh the other day, drank a bottle of octane and when I started running I got a nasty side stitch, probly should take in less fluids and rather a gel and /or energy bar ? I'm doing the Lite

Great question. I made some schoolboy errors today like taking ages in transition and also drinking too much, which caused a horrible cramp on the second lap of the run. Need to figure out what the right way to keep hydrated and nourished is. Any advice from the experienced triathletes among us?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Xterra was awesome! But it broke me. The 2nd run lap was tough!! Loved running by the dam wall tho. The swim was surprisingly good. Calf cramp, like a knife, in the last 20m which was less than ideal :D also that 2nd buoy took forever FOREVER to get to!! Mtb was just rocks everywhere...insane! I feel I have earned my t-shirt so am happy.

Well done Flex!

And all others who did it ;)

Will def be back next year!!

This was an awesome event, whether I still had 70.3 in my legs or not, this was a real tough event!!

I still suck at swimming; the MTB was extremely technical and some of those downhills really rocked with my big wheels; those hills on the run were wicked and that climb from the base of the dam wall totally energy sapping.

Nevertheless, a brilliant day out made all the more sweeter by finishing 3rd in my age category.

That Xterra was awesome! But it broke me. The 2nd run lap was tough!! Loved running by the dam wall tho. The swim was surprisingly good. Calf cramp, like a knife, in the last 20m which was less than ideal :D also that 2nd buoy took forever FOREVER to get to!! Mtb was just rocks everywhere...insane! I feel I have earned my t-shirt so am happy.

Well done Flex!

And all others who did it ;)

Will def be back next year!!

Thanks, T-girl - and you too. I had such a similar experience to you, re: the calf cramp and the second buoy taking aaaaaaages to get to. Once I went round it the psychological barrier was broken, I knew I was on the home straight and I just eased into a steady freestyle rhythm.

Bleakness = the fact that my t-shirt (size medium) looks like a tent on me. It must be an American medium! :angry:

I had to laugh when I saw people taking their shoes and socks off for the dam wall crossing, its Xterra for goodness sake peeps ;)

No big stuff like u guys but did the xterra. (the full guys I did the lite) my first tri bash, seems I survived, interesting looked like I was the only person with a case of beers in the cooler box??? Nothing like a cold few after....... 1:56 not too bad

Did the Lite, my 1st Xterra/tri/multi-sport event ever, was a good experience with a stunning setting and some hawt eye candy as well :drool:

Must say that the lite trail run bored me, I could have ran in road racing flats. Being used to Groenkloof, it makes one appreciate it even more.

My big ballsup was not being able to swim well enough to get out the water in the front, so going out with the bike I was met with a que of people who can't really ride, so lost ALLOT of time there.

Anyway managed a 2h05 and a 5th in my cat so I'm quite chuffed.

Oh and how nice was that Watermelon :thumbup:

Any idea where to see race results?

Or where to view pics??

My bike remains dirty...

Really wish there was as Xterra Kzn side. SO keen for another 1!!! :D

Only one complaint, who brings you back on single track on the same route the other longer distance is trying to ride out on???? Not their brightest moment.

Awesome fun (ok some moments during the event I was questioning it) I may just try another one.

Congrats Guys. Watching every one enter transition after the swim made me wish I was taking part. Thanks to all the guys that popped round to our gazeebo to check out the suits and chat. Met some really great people there. And I am definitely thinking of making the trip up from CPT next year to actually take part.

Terry

XTERRA WETSUITS SA

PS what did you guys think of the buoyes visible enough ;)

Congrats Guys. Watching every one enter transition after the swim made me wish I was taking part. Thanks to all the guys that popped round to our gazeebo to check out the suits and chat. Met some really great people there. And I am definitely thinking of making the trip up from CPT next year to actually take part.

Terry

XTERRA WETSUITS SA

PS what did you guys think of the buoyes visible enough ;)

Hey Tony

I was'nt at the Xterra in Buffels but I did 70.3 the week before. Let me tell you that my Xterra wetsuit was fantastic! Thanks for convincing me not to go sleeveless as the water was 14 degrees and the sleeveless guy were looking rather nervous at the start.