What's the hottest you've ever ridden in?

RodTi

44 degrees crater cruise 2010,average was 35 according to my garmin.

The only way to measure the temp while riding is in the sun unless you ride from tree to tree.

We are waiting for February and March in Durban the humidity normally kills us during this time,not strange to ride in 30 plus degrees with humidity at 80 plus.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 degrees crater cruise 2010,average was 35 according to my garmin.

The only way to measure the temp while riding is in the sun unless you ride from tree to tree.

We are waiting for February and March in Durban the humidity normally kills us during this time,not strange to ride in 30 plus degrees with humidity at 80 plus.

Yup riding in Feb in KZN is suffer time...

Jip, the Blue Moon Lodge was a scorcher.

My Merc showed 46C on the road as well.

Driving between Beufort West and Oudshoorn in December 2008 it showed 48C on the tar.

When I first read the header of this topic I thought you wanted to know the HOTTEST someone has ever ridden, and I wanted to answer Scarlett Johansen and Megan Fox, but that would have been in my dreams.... :drool:

42 degrees Celsius.

did a hike one time. Temp was 45 degrees Celsius. Almost died that day as we ran out of water

46 degrees at Mankele 12 February 2010. Humidity was 80% odd. Our Polars measured 51 degrees. After 6 hours of riding we decided to give the single track a miss as we struggled to concentrate

My car measured 33degrees at 13h00 at Van Gaalens during Nissan race.

Jip, the Blue Moon Lodge was a scorcher.

My Merc showed 46C on the road as well.

Driving between Beufort West and Oudshoorn in December 2008 it showed 48C on the tar.

When I first read the header of this topic I thought you wanted to know the HOTTEST someone has ever ridden, and I wanted to answer Scarlett Johansen and Megan Fox, but that would have been in my dreams.... :drool:

Forgot about that race, pushing up that cement climb, eish ! I finished an hour after Philip Buys :blink:

Guest big baby

56deg at 13:00 doing the van gaalens nissin race a few weeks back. felt the heat come of the ground.

umm, yeah right.

Last years Argus MTB race, they called it off after the temp exceeded 40 degrees. My brain was boiling in my skull!

Yip that was freakin hot nuke.gif

Hey RodTi, presume I won't be crossing paths with you up there this afternoon after work then?! ;)

*Surprisingly*, I opted not to make a dash of it yesterday afternoon... :P

I did however venture out this morning, though overslept and left a whole 45 mins later than planned...

Regretted that a tad, as by 07h30, it was proper hot already... Decided not to be a hero dumbass, and cut my ride short...

Will leave earlier tomorrow morning!

56deg at 13:00 doing the van gaalens nissin race a few weeks back. felt the heat come of the ground.

Ditto - and a few weeks before that at the Crater Cruise, was 40-something

In the car, it would have to be the weekend (September) of the Hill 2 Hill (on the Sunday) it was 40 in PMB at 16:00

hottest I've ever ridden in was at Crater Cruise...

...but I once hiked a little over 20km in a day that peaked at 52deg... and that's with Zambezi valley humidity. Drank 7L of water (that was warm enough to make tea with) and 1L of Darilite (a nasty salty electrolyte drink). Can't say I miss that sort of heat!

one Argus race a few years back, went over Ou Kaapse weg and my speedo shown 47deg...dehydrated that race and still finished when I was 14