UPDATE: Does anyone know Preston Luke Scott from KZN

chris c

Any one of the Admins one the hub should be able to see which IP address both XC and Railed logged on with, then with that info it would be easy enough to track him down further (If its 3G you would need legal assistance to get the mobile ops to co-operate)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where is inspector yang?

Hey Slowbee- wish I could help, but it looks like the boys have done well in sniffing out the leads. Good luck Chris and the other Hubbers who have been fleeced.

Any one of the Admins one the hub should be able to see which IP address both XC and Railed logged on with, then with that info it would be easy enough to track him down further (If its 3G you would need legal assistance to get the mobile ops to co-operate)

How do you search for IP addresses? Everyone always says that is all you need, but I've never seen anyone actually track someone down with one...

How do you search for IP addresses? Everyone always says that is all you need, but I've never seen anyone actually track someone down with one...

All you need is the IP and date & time. You then approach the ISP with a court order. They then can supply a fixed-line number - that is if the ISP keeps logs.

ok so after 3 odd yrs and lots of sales and purchases am i about to donate R 1750.00 to the "Preston Luke Scott" fund.............

hes had a set of wheels of mine from the 27th of Dec and i actually spoke to him this morning and he promised he was going to depost within the next hour???

However after logging onto the hub and reading the posts above i dont think i'm going to be that lucky now, am i ??:thumbdown:

Anyway the hub is still a great place and i know that 99.9% of the hubbers out there are truly genuine and luckily 1 or 2 bad apples dont make for a bad harvest.

chris give me a call on 0826282461 and we can chat.

Preston,

you sounded like a good guy so dont be silly trying to rip guys off. do the right thing mate and pay those you owe as life is a big wheel that turns slowly and it will come back and bite you on the ass...............

cheers

goose

All you need is the IP and date & time. You then approach the ISP with a court order. They then can supply a fixed-line number - that is if the ISP keeps logs.

Unless the network card is swopped out or it's an internet cafe, it could help them find the mac number though.

wow, how did you find that??looks like same cell number but thats all. you must be a good stalker.

ok just looked at the gumtree add and my wheels are on the bike he is selling so i can confirm that this is preston selling on gumtree.

ok just looked at the gumtree add and my wheels are on the bike he is selling so i can confirm that this is preston selling on gumtree.

Unbelievable! He's doing consigment stock :)

Goose - maybe you'll get paid once he gets paid :blink:

Steal from one person and then sell to someone else - The cheeky bastard, how brazen can you get and think you will get away with it :o This twat needs to get punished :angry:

Someone near him needs to reply to the ad then say he will come pick the goods for sale up then :nuke: him

i told him i wanted to see the frames when he returned from richards bay..that was on friday morning...

i asked him to phone me and let me know....told him i was keen to see them....but no joy....??