Not all riders cheered in

Dirt-junkie

I have been attending mountain bike races with my husband for the past 7 months and all except the "Die Hell" ride only made a fuss of the first few top riders that came in. If you are rider 120 that crosses the finish line you can forget about any welcome from spectators other than your own spouse/girlfriend. Not even the judges acknowledge your arrival. The Attakwas Extreme Mtb Cahllenge was a prime example of that. The judges had their back to the finish line and they had a 5yr old wandering up and down handing medals to riders as they rode in. I was not impressed at all. Every rider that finished that race deserved recognition - it was tough and finishing was noteworthy for each rider. Not only were they not noticed arriving back but the evnt was so poorly catered for that there wasn't food available to buy for those that arrived after 9 hours of riding! These mountain bike races are not just about the top riders - there a hundreds of others that pay the same entry fee and ride the same route and who also deserve a fuss being made when they cross the finish line!!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't the winning time 5 hours or so? The 'judges' as you call them are not endurance athletes - they can only be enthusiastic for so long! Train harder, hurry to the finish and the crowd will cheer harder. Or take your time, enjoy the scenery, but don't expect a hero's welcome from bikini clad maidens bearing floral wreaths.

Edited by Luke.

post a photo of yourself and we will tell you why they are not supporting or acknowledging you ;)

Picture MUST BE on the couch please

Howzit Stukkie, welcome to the Hub. Please upload a couch pic of you and your bicycle. I'll make sure you get the recognition and cheering you deserve. All I got at the finish line was a medal and a klap :eek:

Wasn't the winning time 5 hours or so? The 'judges' as you call them are not endurance athletes - they can only be enthusiastic for so long! Train harder, hurry to the finish and the crowd will cheer harder. Or take your time, enjoy the scenery, but don't expect a hero's welcome from bikini clad maidens bearing floral wreaths.

If that is not motivation to train harder... :blush:

Howzit Stukkie, welcome to the Hub. Please upload a couch pic of you and your bicycle. I'll make sure you get the recognition and cheering you deserve. All I got at the finish line was a medal and a klap :eek:

Focus on my pupils you tjop :eek:

It is true though that only the top riders get any kind of cheer at most races.

Even finishing in the top 10 does not ensure that you get an applause of any kind.

That being said I am not going to stand at the finish line and clap my hands raw for every single rider coming in. If the rider deserves it, sure, but then again...

Stukkie, kom hier en ek gee jou n' drukkie :D

Ja no one cheered fro us at Atta, but then who are we ?

You were supposed to stop just before the finish and clean your white shoes, then you would have got plenty cheering when you crossed the line :lol:

i believe the attakwas is a barstard of a race - so well done on finishing. there are a few guys in my club athat did not

I'm still in a coma from the last klap you tjop :blink:

Tjop :P

You were supposed to stop just before the finish and clean your white shoes, then you would have got plenty cheering when you crossed the line :lol:

If only I knew that :D

We cheered many of the last riders that almost didn't make the cut off. We shouted and screamed ourselves blue at them to get a move on and lift their assos out of the saddle if they wanted to reach the line in time.

I have been attending mountain bike races with my husband for the past 7 months and all except the "Die Hell" ride only made a fuss of the first few top riders that came in. If you are rider 120 that crosses the finish line you can forget about any welcome from spectators other than your own spouse/girlfriend. Not even the judges acknowledge your arrival. The Attakwas Extreme Mtb Cahllenge was a prime example of that. The judges had their back to the finish line and they had a 5yr old wandering up and down handing medals to riders as they rode in. I was not impressed at all. Every rider that finished that race deserved recognition - it was tough and finishing was noteworthy for each rider. Not only were they not noticed arriving back but the evnt was so poorly catered for that there wasn't food available to buy for those that arrived after 9 hours of riding! These mountain bike races are not just about the top riders - there a hundreds of others that pay the same entry fee and ride the same route and who also deserve a fuss being made when they cross the finish line!!!!!

Is this for real? It's not April first yet is it? Is this dimwit just getting his her submission for most retarded post of the year in early?

Edited by TNT1