Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

I have been dopping every Saturday afternoon on Brandy and Coke - now I need the contaminated meat - biltong salt and all steak to round it off on my races.

My results proof that I am guilty.... :devil:

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say I have trouble understanding the verdict.

From Cycling News:

............. Surely the judgement should be made on the basis of probabilities and/or reasonable doubt. If there was reasonable doubt, he should have been let off the hook. Isn't that how law works? And such a minuscule amount, that he could have derived no benefit for it. What a frigging mess. Sad day for the sport.

...sure but one must always take into account the subject of the accusation...always remembersome of the animals are more equal than others....

Contador is gonna be more determined to race well now...

Well done on a fair verdict.

Unless he packs the sport in entirely?!!

I would have like to see the cow that the steaks came from, it was probably the fittest (active) cow in spain :w00t: or was the mootie added in after the steaks were cut? :eek:

So, who will be this years favourite for the TDF? One of the Schlecks? Or maybe Valverde?

At LOOK and StevieL - did you see the new course. It's even more made for Evans! I think he'll take it even easier last this time around.

Edited by andydude

You are correct.

Personally I am surprised, this is not a criminal case and it seems to me neither party could definitively prove in either of their cases. Which should give the athlete the benefit of the doubt.

....so in the end it came down to a case of, "we cant prove you did not ingest the Clen from contaminated food" but "you cant prove you did either", so all we can do is say, "You had Clen in your system, you aren't allowed Clen in your system, you must serve a token sentence".

Is that justice?..............I dont think so.

I agree, a sad day for the sport.

I think what would would've shown more conclusive proof is if they also tested his teammates/riders that ate with him. Maybe in future when they test someone they should test the whole team.

Good when justice is served, he will now be classified in the same category as Landis, Pantani and Riis

A brilliant cyclist who threw it all away.

Edited by eccentric1

It;s the same thing as our own JZ being let off those corruption charges by that technicality - does not mean he is innocent right?

The verdict here was arrived via the rule book and does not mean he is guilty.

Contador v Froome?

Quite amusing, I was singing Froomsters praises for many years and no one even bothered to take any notice.

Contador Rocks!... :clap:

As far as I am concerned the verdict does not prove he was guilty of enhancing his performance(sic)! and the amounts taken... i am not sure you guys understand the volumes that they are describing!!! by the letter of the law he is guilty... but it aint gonna enhance a mouses' performance! And seriously... if you are being tested every day leading into the mountains...because that is your strength...are you gonna risk doing a hack job!

In the 2010 tour

He had been in the overall lead since Stage 15 (19 July)

Stage 16 (20 July) He and Schleck finished 6:45 behind the leaders

Rest Day (21 July)

Stage 17 (22 July )He and Schleck finished together at the top of the tourmalet

No real difference between the two.

During the TT Contador only took 31 seconds into Andy... c'mon... in 2011 he put 1:32 into schleck, he even put 36 seconds into Fabian... and this is with no positive any tests!!

I think he was out of form when he won in 2010... in 2011 he had the worst year... considering his talent! and still killed the TT...

We all have our opinions... MIne is :

NOT GUILTY :clap: :clap: :clap:

Contador Rocks!... :clap:

As far as I am concerned the verdict does not prove he was guilty of enhancing his performance(sic)! and the amounts taken... i am not sure you guys understand the volumes that they are describing!!! by the letter of the law he is guilty... but it aint gonna enhance a mouses' performance! And seriously... if you are being tested every day leading into the mountains...because that is your strength...are you gonna risk doing a hack job!

In the 2010 tour

He had been in the overall lead since Stage 15 (19 July)

Stage 16 (20 July) He and Schleck finished 6:45 behind the leaders

Rest Day (21 July)

Stage 17 (22 July )He and Schleck finished together at the top of the tourmalet

No real difference between the two.

During the TT Contador only took 31 seconds into Andy... c'mon... in 2011 he put 1:32 into schleck, he even put 36 seconds into Fabian... and this is with no positive any tests!!

I think he was out of form when he won in 2010... in 2011 he had the worst year... considering his talent! and still killed the TT...

We all have our opinions... MIne is :

NOT GUILTY :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well Said!

This is ridiculous....

Eddy Merckx

“It’s a sad day for Alberto Contador; it's a sad day for cycling,....“I think people want to kill off cycling.”

Well Said!

This is ridiculous....

Eddy Merckx

“It’s a sad day for Alberto Contador; it's a sad day for cycling,....“I think people want to kill off cycling.”

Ridiculous indeed, as the Cannibal was most likely drugged to they eyeballs himself.

Quite amusing, I was singing Froomsters praises for many years and no one even bothered to take any notice.

Yeah. Of course if you sang them here, you do know the praises fell on deaf ears? I mean, this isn't really a forum for followers of the sport, or those with a passion for cycling.

another one of lance armstrongs ex teammates take down for doping 2 years after riding with lance?

Beg to differ!!! He never behaved like a teammate but rather undermined the whole race to feed his own ego...